Honored Contributor

I haven't bought anything with an "exotic" hemline since 2019 when I got sick of them.  I'm also tired of the look and excess bothersome fabric that comes with fit 'n flare styles.  It gets in my way unless I just sit primly and fold my hands. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They are just a continuation of the big shirt trend.  Remember peach skin?  A handy match with leggings.  Like everything, it will pass, but in the meantime can be fun.

Honored Contributor

No, I'm not tired of them at all!  Personally, I've always liked the look  It's been around for years!

I would guess that style might not work well on a curvy figure.

I have no curves - just straight up and down with wide shoulders (think "T" shape).   I can wear these styles really well.  

I recall making my first trapeze hemline top from a Vogue pattern prior to 1976 - so they've been around lots of years.  

It was in the early 90s that I bought my first handkerchief hem skirt from Burlington (still have it and wear it).  

On most of the sweaters and vests that I knit/crochet - I alter them so that the front is shorter than the back and/or the hemline is staggered.

Whether designers and manufacturers continue making them - who knows?  As for me - I like them, and can make them myself.

Honored Contributor

I definitely prefer a straight hemline. I don't mind a subtle curved hemline or having the back a bit longer then the front, but I don't like anything too extreme. I have seen some cute tops with hemlines I don't care for so I pass on those. 

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan of uneven or exaggerated hemlines.  If the garment is something I love, I cut the material and re-hem the garment with an even, straight hem.

As far as exaggerated back hems that "cover the bootie", I think it only draws attention to it.