Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello...does anyone else feel the new lower s&h prices are really a big joke on us...the customers?

The return shipping charge did not change, they just reduced the outgoing shipping. This is much ado about nothing. If you're buying so much that its costing you an arm and a leg to send it back--shop locally instead.

I haven't bought clothes from the Q in years, mostly because of fit issues. Frankly, though, I don't buy clothes anywhere online for the same reason. I have never found a brand that always fits exactly the same each time.

I come to the Q for items I cannot find elsewhere--my designer silver mostly, good deals on bulk/kit products like WEN and Philosophy. If a store in my neighborhood sold the same items at the same prices, I'd buy it and not pay any shipping. I don't have that choice.

I have many choices when it comes to tshirts, slacks, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hello...does anyone else feel the new lower s&h prices are really a big joke on us...the customers?

On 2/25/2015 VAbelle said:

Is that really true concerning RETURNS for clothing ? (see below)

~~I have to return each piece separately (regardless if I use the Q label)?

~~If I return multiple items in one bag ... I will be charge for each piece?

(Does anyone know): If I return one article of clothing ....and ask for another color, will I be charged another $3 or will it be an "even exchange" ... and only be responsible for the $6.95 return fee? Thanks!

I don't know about the first two questions but I do know the third: you will pay $3.00 (original shipping, non-refundable) + $6.95 (label) + $3.00 (shipping out exchanged item) for total of $13.00. If that doesn't fit and you need to return, you'll pay another $6.95 (label) for a grand total of $20.00.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

(Does anyone know): If I return one article of clothing ....and ask for another color, will I be charged another $3 or will it be an "even exchange" ... and only be responsible for the $6.95 return fee? Thanks!

My understanding is that you can return "like" items together, so you should only be charged one return fee of 6.95, but you will not be credited the initial shipping charge of $3 or more per item. Assume you return 3 tops in one package that you paid $3 ea to ship, in this case you would lose $6.95 return fee plus $3x3 items-total non refundable cost to you would be $15.95. I believe exchanges would cost you just the return fee.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2015 gardensla said:

I don't know about the first two questions but I do know the third: you will pay $3.00 (original shipping, non-refundable) + $6.95 (label) + $3.00 (shipping out exchanged item) for total of $13.00. If that doesn't fit and you need to return, you'll pay another $6.95 (label) for a grand total of $20.00.

yep, $20 for an exchange. I know of one retailers website that used to base their shipping charges on the total dollar value of the purchase. I thought that was a ripoff then and seldom ordered from them unless they had a special with free shipping.

As others have pointed out, there are other places to shop for clothes. I know where they are and I'll just shop with them.

Frequent Contributor

I hav also returned similar items in one package and they only deducted the 6.95. I have also returned one item, and just paid myself at USPS for a much lower rate.

Esteemed Contributor

What bothers me most is the hoopla surrounding the $3 shipping was the bait and then the price increases were the switch. If anything, we're paying more, given the outrageous price increases that exploded as soon as the shipping policies changed. It's no coincidence. I feel taken for a fool because for the first couple of minutes I was silly enough to think that customers were getting a break. The only thing that's breaking is our bank accounts.
Honored Contributor

On 2/25/2015 GinaV24 said:

yep, $20 for an exchange. I know of one retailers website that used to base their shipping charges on the total dollar value of the purchase. I thought that was a ripoff then and seldom ordered from them unless they had a special with free shipping.

As others have pointed out, there are other places to shop for clothes. I know where they are and I'll just shop with them.

Just to be perfectly clear, for an exchange, Q would charge me another outbound shipping fee of $3 & up, unless there is a defect? So I lose 6.95 + 3 for the initial order and pay another 3 to receive an exchange? And if there is still a sizing issue and I return it, I would be out of pocket 19.90???

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/25/2015 Chi-town girl said:
On 2/25/2015 GinaV24 said:

Just to be perfectly clear, for an exchange, Q would charge me another outbound shipping fee of $3 & up, unless there is a defect? So I lose 6.95 + 3 for the initial order and pay another 3 to receive an exchange? And if there is still a sizing issue and I return it, I would be out of pocket 19.90???

Correct. This is what I was told by CS when I called to ask about exchanging an item.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

I learned my lesson to only buy something I'm SURE of... Two pairs of Aerosoles shoes that didn't fit cost ten to ship.

A return label was not included so the Post Office charged 10.00

Twenty dollars down the drain

Super Contributor

I like the new shipping prices. It works well for me because most of my Q shopping is for clothing and I never, ever buy two of the same item. Not interested in buy more save.