Honored Contributor

Re: Has anybody tried Democracy jeans from HSN?

Marshalls and TJ Maxx carry them at lower prices. I have tried some on in the past, but never purchased because they didn't work for me. Were probably too short, I need a 33" inseam.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@LindaSal   Sounds like you and I are the same size. I ordered a 12 and a 14. The vendor said size down. That's why I picked up two different sizes. One of them is bound to fit. That tummy control thing, oh man I need that plus a miracle 😬

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I have the camo they had on last year and love them.  I am on waitlist for the Blanched Almond and was able to get Moonrock before it sold out in my size.  I love this brand.

Respected Contributor

This is one of those times when I wish they would have the model show us two sizes.  Try on the "regular" size and then go backstage and change into the next size up. That would show us if going up a size would prevent the horizontal knee wrinkles and allow the fabric to drape better (as opposed to looking like a Saran Wrap fit that shows every imperfection on your legs). I think there would be a lot less returns if they did that but I know they will never do it. 

Honored Contributor

I looked at them online yesterday and thought they looked awful. They look like leggings in the pictures but that might just be because the vendor was wearing hers 2 sizes too small. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a pair of Democracy that I bought at The Rack about 6 years ago and they have held up very well.  I still wear them frequently.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3  Yes!! The vendors and the models. Why do they always stuff those models into clothes that are too small. QVC does the same thing. I can look fat on my own without spending any money. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Magny    The ankle opening is very tight.  i have  2 pair of these jeans, one denim and one camo fabric, i have to peel them off my legs, as in turn inside out.

they have a wierd 2" ish waistband that is black elastic, not denim fabric waistband like most jeans. it goes with the mesh insert for abs.

On the plus side they fit true to size and don't sag and bag. i got mine at TJMaxx though.

Thanks for warnings!  I’ll give it some more thought.  They have a pair of “Itty-Bitty” boot cuts, but the length is 33, & too long.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

@Magny    The ankle opening is very tight.  i have  2 pair of these jeans, one denim and one camo fabric, i have to peel them off my legs, as in turn inside out.

they have a wierd 2" ish waistband that is black elastic, not denim fabric waistband like most jeans. it goes with the mesh insert for abs.

On the plus side they fit true to size and don't sag and bag. i got mine at TJMaxx though.

I have seen this brand at Marshall's.  Don't remember the price, but they were very inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

What have we done to traditional jeans?! Remember when jeans were inherently tummy flattening due to their structure and fabrication??

Now we have to engineer them to get back to the same effect that was once built in!

A little bit of stretch proved to be an improvement. when it came to gaping waist bands It took care of that. But then we continued to undo what made jeans what they once were....

I've been replacing some of my jeans since I lost the weight but it seems like everywhere I look it's high waist or extreme high waist?! I like some high waisted jeans and trousers but I'd like some new low and mid rise too...

These jeans look nice on Colleen but I just can't handle all the 'extras' like the panel built-in, elastic waist band etc.