Trusted Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan visit Merseyside

She has a lot of non fans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meghan will always have naysayers, here as well elsewhere, pay no attention. 

Her supporters show up here and publicly sharing joyful congratulations. 

One of her first priorities witnessed a need and immediately became involved.

Made a difference -"The Hubb Community Kitchen" with her cookbook.

Meghan's involvement making a difference isn't new. Fine example- shared with

GD six years old: Meghan's story: 12 writing a letter to P&G stereotyping women

company changed the commercial. Never gets old watching her interviewed.

God Bless: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Baby. May their love continue reaching out with charity and hope. God's love knows no limits. amen.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Meghan will always have naysayers, here as well elsewhere, pay no attention. 

Her supporters show up here and publicly sharing joyful congratulations. 

One of her first priorities witnessed a need and immediately became involved.

Made a difference -"The Hubb Community Kitchen" with her cookbook.

Meghan's involvement making a difference isn't new. Fine example- shared with

GD six years old: Meghan's story: 12 writing a letter to P&G stereotyping women

company changed the commercial. Never gets old watching her interviewed.

God Bless: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and Baby. May their love continue reaching out with charity and hope. God's love knows no limits. amen.

Such a nice post. Thanks for pointing out what's really important here is Meghan's efforts to make a difference in the lives of people.  Why in the world would anyone care if she holds her husband's hand? Meghan is an American. She like many of us is not used to the so called royal protocol. My guess is when she reaches for Harry's hand or takes his arm it gives her the confidence that she needs. And Harry has probably told her he is there for her and will not let anything go wrong. As she becomes more comfortable with carrying out her official dutes she will not need this encouragement that some find so offensive. Right now I think it is refreshing to see them working together in a relaxed and happy way. 

Respected Contributor

I'm wishing the best for Meghan & Harry and their baby.  I do hope she isn't reading or listening to the negative comments.  No matter what you think of her, she left all behind, a career that she worked very hard to build, friends, her mom and has given up a lot of freedom.  Yes, she's living in the lap of luxury but as my mother always said "there's no such thing as a free lunch"! 

Super Contributor

pillow?

Super Contributor

seems like some people cannot give there honest opinion  on here witjout being bashed, we as americans, have a right to voice our own opinions

Honored Contributor

@princesess wrote:

seems like some people cannot give there honest opinion  on here witjout being bashed, we as americans, have a right to voice our own opinions

@princesess  Well that certainly seems to be the truth doesn't it?  Many people are compelled to divide up into mobs that either support or disparage anything.  You must be all for or all against.

Comments one way or the other are immediately derided and bullied just because they are from some perceived "for" or "against" position.  Everything is divided into factions and the mobs try to rule.

You can't say you don't like a dress unless you are immediately seen as a hater, when in reality you just don't like the dress.  There is no give and take, there are no discussions, there is no agreeing sometimes and disagreeing sometimes.  What happened to the ability to have a conversation?  What happened to tolerance?

Trusted Contributor

It doesn't matter what Americans think of her.  In fact,  Americans had no opinion of her when she lived in Canada and was on that TV show that no one even heard of or ever watched.  She's in Britain now and it only matters what they think of her.  The Brits don't like her.

Respected Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

I'm wishing the best for Meghan & Harry and their baby.  I do hope she isn't reading or listening to the negative comments.  No matter what you think of her, she left all behind, a career that she worked very hard to build, friends, her mom and has given up a lot of freedom.  Yes, she's living in the lap of luxury but as my mother always said "there's no such thing as a free lunch"! 

I highly doubt that she reads the Q boards, so whether it's positive or negative, it's going nowhere but here. If people really  want her to know how much they adore or dislike her, the palace has a Twitter account that they can engage with. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

@Harvard99 Actually what matters is what Harry thinks of her 😉