Honored Contributor

HUGE GAP IN CLOTHING MARKET AT Q?

Yes, At Leisure is all the rage. Jeans, Denim & Co., Anybody Loungewear, Peace line (with wording), SG, LOGO.....Where are the clothing lines for a dressier look?

I used to look to JR for cute short jackets, Louis Del Olio has left (still no word), Halston (meh?), even Isaac seems to be so concentrating on his SOHO line. 

Shoes? Either sneakers, ankle boots or Clark’s clunkier offerings.

I dress up often, but do enjoy getting into a tailored pant, low heeled dressier shoe, blazer, etc. 

Is anyone else tired of the same old comfy leisure stuff?

Respected Contributor

Re: HUGE GAP IN CLOTHING MARKET AT Q?

@Shanus

I agree but I think it's because they're catering to ladies who are retired or who stay at home, for the most part. 

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus

I agree but I think it's because they're catering to ladies who are retired or who stay at home, for the most part. 

@Texasmouse Doesn’t everyone have the occasion to go out in something other than jeans or an outfit that looks like you’re still in PJs? Religious services, appointments, etc. It just feels so nice to get out of jeans every few weeks.

Respected Contributor

Re: HUGE GAP IN CLOTHING MARKET AT Q

@Shanus wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@Shanus

@Texasmouse Doesn’t everyone have the occasion to go out in something other than jeans or an outfit that looks like you’re still in PJs? Religious services, appointments, etc. It just feels so nice to get out of jeans every few weeks.

@Shanus

From what I've read here, most of the retired ladies keep a few outfits for occasions when they need to dress up but day to day, they're in more casual clothes so that's the bulk of the market and QVC mostly caters to them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and am retired so I have no need for dressy clothes. I wear jeans in the winter if I go out and sweats at home and sometimes when I go out or shorts and sandals in the summer. No one dresses up for dinner, doctor appointments or much of anything here, it’s way to hot most of the year for that. I have one pair of dressy pants that I think I’ve worn once in the past three years. I don’t own a dress or a skirt and I don’t own any heels either. As for appointments, dinner or church, jeans, shorts or pretty much anything goes here. 

Honored Contributor

I think this is one area that QVC is either not pursuing for whatever reason or isn't profitable for them.

Most lines that have come in with dresses and career (for lack of a better word) have just disappeared. 

OR they know their customer and give them what they want.

HSN has a better variety of clothing,  like Wendy W's line and Iman's 

Honored Contributor

I guess it depends on what you consider dressed up. We live in a very casual world today

I got some tuxedo pants from Joan ,and I have nice sweaters and blouses to wear with them.  I bought some of Martha's high low tops, and I was surprised by how much I like them. I sized down and it made a world of difference. I like mostly classics, but I want a bit of cutting endge too, nothing too  far out. It's good to get out of your comfort zone once in a while, and try new things

I had to go to Talbots to get a suit and a couple of other jackets. But I have no trouble with shoes either

I just ordered a pr of wedges from IM that I think will be great and I got a pr of low  block heel pumps from Franco Sarto

I don't dress up much. I have a casual lifestyle and Q fills  it nicely

Honored Contributor

tailored pant, low heeled dressier shoe, blazer, etc. 

Tailored clothing (blazers and pants)  harder to sell over the air, probably requires more manufacturing etc =  more cost 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a thread earlier this week in this forum about the lack of tailored clohing on QVC. 

I agree that it's probably hard to sell tailored clothing on tv because of fit issues.  Tailored clothes have to fit more precisely than say a tunic top or leggings.  

And as @cherrysaid, we live in a very casual world.  I work in an office envirornment and even we are getting more relaxed here.  A few of the attorneys routinely come to work now in twill pants or jeans if they aren't going to Court.  In years past, they all wore a suit every single day. 

There just aren't that many occassions that require "dressy" clothes anymore.  And what some consider dressy, is what others consider casual.  

ETA:  I think there is a lot of clothing that QVC offers that never makes it to the air.  I have bought several dresses from QVC that I personally never saw presented on air.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Yes, At Leisure is all the rage. Jeans, Denim & Co., Anybody Loungewear, Peace line (with wording), SG, LOGO.....Where are the clothing lines for a dressier look?

I used to look to JR for cute short jackets, Louis Del Olio has left (still no word), Halston (meh?), even Isaac seems to be so concentrating on his SOHO line. 

Shoes? Either sneakers, ankle boots or Clark’s clunkier offerings.

I dress up often, but do enjoy getting into a tailored pant, low heeled dressier shoe, blazer, etc. 

Is anyone else tired of the same old comfy leisure stuff?

@Shanus. Louis will be here the end of January, twice in February and once in March. So far this is the latest schedule.