Esteemed Contributor

I know hundreds of thousands of women love DG, so I guess I'm the "odd man out" (or "odd woman" as the case may be), but I am so done with Diane Gilman. I have MANY of her jeans (at least 18 pairs) and several jackets from a few years ago. However, in the past 2-3 years, I've had nothing but problems with sizing inconsistencies and defective workmanship on her jeans so I stopped buying entirely. Hundreds of reviews on her various jeans agree with me.

A few weeks ago, I had been hearing and seeing so much about her super-stretch, and then she came out with the Comfort Waist jeggings as a TSV (I HOPED that her Comfort Waist was like the waist of the Denim & Co How Smooth jeans)... against my better judgement, I took the plunge and ordered several colors. That waist is designed like the How Smooth, but it does NOTHING to hold you in. The How Smooth holds in my stomach and gets rid of my "muffin tops"... the DG2 made me look like I was 7 months pregnant - the waist holds nothing in because it's so stretchy, in fact accentuated my stomach area.

Never again! {#emotions_dlg.crying}{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Super Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:
On 4/5/2015 yarnaholic1963 said:

I tried her TS that was the skinny jean a couple of months ago-took a chance on DG2...well, I love them so much, I ordered the skinny jean with zippered ankle in three colors, the cuffed jean, and a few tops.

They look so nice after you wash them. They shrink a little in the dryer, so I order a tall inseam (5'5"). Everything she says about them is true. I ordered 1 size down the 2nd time, but with the shorts I ordered two sizes down b/c I think they would be more slimming a little snugger.

I really like the peppermint color too. Enjoy your new shorts. They are a great length. I will wear them through late October with flats.

Keep the good stuff coming Diane Giman!

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm concerned about the size I ordered. I'm seriously thinking about re-ordering a size down. I ordered my normal QVC size in D&C and Quacker Factory stretch shorts. Does DG2 run smaller than those?

I would order a size down from your BM size. Whatever size you take in Levi's, order one or two sizes down. That's what I do. The first time I ordered the same size as my Levi's, and they stay in the dryer for a while. They are loose fitting. I hope this helps

I was going to order the "white" until I found out they were ivory instead of white. I too noticed the see-through of the pockets, but sometimes that's just because of the studio lighting. I went ahead and cancelled my first order and re-ordered a size smaller. I'm usually a 10 but when they said that the 8's had a 31.5" waist, I went ahead and sized down to the 8's.
Valued Contributor
On 4/5/2015 kittymomNC said:

I know hundreds of thousands of women love DG, so I guess I'm the "odd man out" (or "odd woman" as the case may be), but I am so done with Diane Gilman. I have MANY of her jeans (at least 18 pairs) and several jackets from a few years ago. However, in the past 2-3 years, I've had nothing but problems with sizing inconsistencies and defective workmanship on her jeans so I stopped buying entirely. Hundreds of reviews on her various jeans agree with me.

A few weeks ago, I had been hearing and seeing so much about her super-stretch, and then she came out with the Comfort Waist jeggings as a TSV (I HOPED that her Comfort Waist was like the waist of the Denim & Co How Smooth jeans)... against my better judgement, I took the plunge and ordered several colors. That waist is designed like the How Smooth, but it does NOTHING to hold you in. The How Smooth holds in my stomach and gets rid of my "muffin tops"... the DG2 made me look like I was 7 months pregnant - the waist holds nothing in because it's so stretchy, in fact accentuated my stomach area.

I only order the button/fly style. Do you like the button/fly?

Valued Contributor

I tried her TS that was the skinny jean a couple of months ago-took a chance on DG2...well, I love them so much, I ordered the skinny jean with zippered ankle in three colors, the cuffed jean, and a few tops.

They look so nice after you wash them. They shrink a little in the dryer, so I order a tall inseam (5'5"). Everything she says about them is true. I ordered 1 size down the 2nd time, but with the shorts I ordered two sizes down b/c I think they would be more slimming a little snugger.

I really like the peppermint color too. Enjoy your new shorts. They are a great length. I will wear them through late October with flats.

Happy Easter everyone!

I'm concerned about the size I ordered. I'm seriously thinking about re-ordering a size down. I ordered my normal QVC size in D&C and Quacker Factory stretch shorts. Does DG2 run smaller than those?

I would order a size down from your BM size. Whatever size you take in Levi's, order one or two sizes down. That's what I do. The first time I ordered the same size as my Levi's, and they stay in the dryer for a while. They are loose fitting. I hope this helps

I was going to order the "white" until I found out they were ivory instead of white. I too noticed the see-through of the pockets, but sometimes that's just because of the studio lighting. I went ahead and cancelled my first order and re-ordered a size smaller. I'm usually a 10 but when they said that the 8's had a 31.5" waist, I went ahead and sized down to the 8's.

smart lady!

Esteemed Contributor
On 4/5/2015 kittymomNC said:

I know hundreds of thousands of women love DG, so I guess I'm the "odd man out" (or "odd woman" as the case may be), but <em>I am so done with Diane Gilman.</em> I have MANY of her jeans (at least 18 pairs) and several jackets from a few years ago. However, in the past 2-3 years, I've had nothing but problems with sizing inconsistencies and defective workmanship on her jeans so I stopped buying entirely. Hundreds of reviews on her various jeans agree with me.

A few weeks ago, I had been hearing and seeing so much about her super-stretch, and then she came out with the Comfort Waist jeggings as a TSV (I HOPED that her Comfort Waist was like the waist of the Denim & Co How Smooth jeans)... against my better judgement, I took the plunge and ordered several colors. That waist is <em>designed</em> like the How Smooth, but it does NOTHING to hold you in. The How Smooth holds in my stomach and gets rid of my "muffin tops"... the DG2 made me look like I was 7 months pregnant - the waist holds nothing in because it's so stretchy, in fact <em>accentuated my stomach area</em>.

I only order the button/fly style. Do you like the button/fly?

That's what all my previously bought DG2 jeans are, but the quality and sizing has gone so far downhill in the last 2-3 years, that I refuse to buy those either. (Hundreds of reviews also reflect my opinion.) The last ones I tried were the "pick stitch" jeans... I loved the khaki, but the stitching on the seams was so loose that I felt they could have come apart with a few wearings. The last ones I bought (and kept) way over a year ago were a pair of regular boot cuts from a couple of years past that were on clearance for $19.95.. and I had an "inconvenience credit" on my account for $20.00. So I got a beautiful pair of light sage green jeans for FREE - no defects, perfect fit. But that was a couple of years ago. Actually, I wish I could find a way to take off those riveted "buttons" on the fly-front jeans and replace them with a regular button -- they stick out so far it ruins the look of some of my tops.

I really wish QVC would have re-ordered the original How Smooth Boot Cut jeans exactly as they were and in more colors - that is what so many people were begging for, but sadly, The QVC PTB just don't seem to recognize a winner when the great reviews are staring them in the face! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Valued Contributor

I have many pairs of DG2 but have not ordered anything new for several years because of the quality and sizing issues.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Happy Easter everyone!

smart lady!

I agree! I am your size and must go to a 6 -in super stretch. They really stretch! Much more and I would need to go to a 4- and that is insane ! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I carry junk in the trunk.{#emotions_dlg.blush}Wink{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor
On 4/5/2015 twocent said:

Happy Easter everyone!

smart lady!

I agree! I am your size and must go to a 6 -in super stretch. They really stretch! Much more and I would need to go to a 4- and that is insane ! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I'm 5' 3" 135 pounds with 40" hips.....surely I don't need to go down to a 6. Are your measurements similar to mine or smaller?
Trusted Contributor
On 4/5/2015 twocent said:

Happy Easter everyone!

smart lady!

I'm 5' 3" 135 pounds with 40" hips.....surely I don't need to go down to a 6. Are your measurements similar to mine or smaller?

These have stretch like nothing else, I have seen. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

It depends on if you like a really loose fit. I tried an 8 and could take them off , still fastened. I like a "not tight"- but "body -hugging" fit, if that makes sense? I honestly don't know my hip size but I am almost 4 inches taller and same weight. I say the 6, but if they don't fit - then "I didn't say it." {#emotions_dlg.devil2}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}{#emotions_dlg.lol}Wink

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad