Honored Contributor

HEIGHT OF MODELS NOT MUCH HELP

When explaining the size or fit of a garment, they tend to ask the models how tall they are....if wearing XS or XL. I’d rather know bust size, hips, etc. That’s how I determine if I should order.

The sizing chart online is useless since each brand’s sizes are not the same.

Valued Contributor

Re: HEIGHT OF MODELS NOT MUCH HELP

The only time I like to know the models' height is when the item is a dress; otherwise, I go by bust, hip, etc. and compare with 'Garment Measurements' of the particular item.

Respected Contributor

I think it is very helpful, especially when they compare fit on a tall vs petite model. I also find the click here garment measurements pretty accurate. 

I'm pretty comfortable with doing my own research with the charts, the presentations and the reviews. I seldom get a really bad result 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

The only time I like to know the models' height is when the item is a dress; otherwise, I go by bust, hip, etc. and compare with 'Garment Measurements' of the particular item.

@TootyJane  The model’s heights only help me to see the length of a sweater, tunic on a petite model, who they don’t always show. Sometimes I find the hosts saying they wear a Small...just can’t be.

Respected Contributor

I don't mind them mentioning it BUT giving more information is more helpful to me.  The last TSV for the Belle jeans for example.  I ordered a size 6 in the morning based on the click here measurements and took into account they stretch alot.  Then in the evening Jane T. was on wearing the TSV and she said she could now fit in a size 6 as she used to wear in this line size 8's.  I knew just by looking at Jane that her hips are much wider then mine and those click here measurements must be off....so I cancelled my order right away and since there was no waitlist on the smaller sizes by then I am not getting them.  Oh well....I didn't want the return cost....again.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It helps me; I can see how long the sleeve length is, the pants length, the length of the top, etc.

Quite a few times I've seen something that looks really nice and then I find out the model is 5'6. Then they bring out Kate who is 5'10 and in the same size...the sleeves are much shorter or the top length is much shorter and suddenly, the item doesn't look as good as it did on the shorter model. Money saved.

So many things are an illusion in selling items; you may think the furniture is XYZ size because it looks large but that's because the model sitting on the chair is 5 feet tall. Knowing the height of the person provides me with the correct "body proportion" I need to see if it will work for my tall frame.

Honored Contributor

I think with all of our different body shapes and concerns and the fact that we cant try on,they can never give enough info.I don't like to pay the return shipping so I always factor that in to my decision whether or not to buy.I sometimes hear it see exactly what I need to know and will decide to purchase but with the more fitted styles of today it is always a risk.When the styles were loose it was much easier to order.

Super Contributor

Yes and No.  Comparing the height of the model to my height does help length-wise.  However, width-wise is sometimes the challenge.  The models might be much more petite through the mid-section or shoulder area which may not be noticeable on t.v.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I never understood why they ask their height, except for garment length....but really bust size, hip size, waist measurements would be better to know but I would not expect a model to give out that infomration.  

I always laugh when they say order your usual size or your QVC size, ha that is a joke...nothing is consistent.  I rarely order any more.  I'd love to some of the newer fabrics but not gonna spend the money because I am pretty sure it will have to go back.

Honored Contributor

Seeing that I don't have a models body anymore I don't see any point in giving out their sizes or measurements. I know my size and buy my size. Since I rarely buy from QVC and only from 2 lines - I know how those 2 lines fit me.