Valued Contributor

Guess what HWCSONCBWNHDWIIN stands for

Linea has a new item posted today and those are the cleaning care instructions. WHAT!! Are the people hired to post care descriptions so busy they can't supply buyers with cleaning information in order to make a buying decision. C/S was downright rude and dismissive but I hung in there and reach a real person at C/S who actually does her job. She told me there is a chart somewhere on line (but not available to customers) that explains what all of this means. Took awhile and she finally found. I requested she send a request to corporate to stop with the hieroglyphics and explain how to care for items. Item #A257314. QVC sure doesn't make it easy to shop for items being sold; but they are on all the interactive sites; maybe they are in the wrong business. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Guess what HWCSONCBWNHDWIIN stands for

How about you telling us what it means.

Honored Contributor

HW is Hand Wash

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I got the HWC part -- hand wash cold. The rest baffles me.

Honored Contributor

Hand Wash Cold Setting (O) Non Chlorine Bleach When Needed Hang to Dry (W) Iron If Needed

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 brii said:

Hand Wash Cold Setting (O) Non Chlorine Bleach When Needed Hang to Dry (W) Iron If Needed

Well, Well, brii.....You must have called in and asked at some point or worked for C/S. You win an easy pay for being correct. Or, you are just real smart. But, is it too much to ask to write out the words? I don't want to spend 10 minutes trying to figure out how to clean an item.

Honored Contributor

On 1/20/2015 HAPPY LADY said:
On 1/20/2015 brii said:

Well, Well, brii.....You must have called in and asked at some point or worked for C/S. You win an easy pay for being correct. Or, you are just real smart. But, is it too much to ask to write out the words? I don't want to spend 10 minutes trying to figure out how to clean an item.

I didn't call in. It's like a puzzle that I can't resist working on.

I didn't figure the whole thing out. I'm guessing the O is only and W is warm.

Hand Wash Cold Setting Only Non Chlorine Bleach When Needed Hang to Dry Warm Iron If Needed.

Esteemed Contributor

but, but...I want to use non-chlorine bleach when it is not needed and lay flat to dry

Valued Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Still Raining said:

but, but...I want to use non-chlorine bleach when it is not needed and lay flat to dry

Oh No, Still Raining, you are not allowed to do that; but items can worn and sent back reeking of perfume and Q will wash and send out as a new item.

Respected Contributor

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that anyone should have to try and figure this out. This would only frustrate me. As it is, some of my clothing items had labels with pictures that I didn't recognize and had to go on line to figure out -(I can't remember which right now). I know how to read and I expect to see the written word! I'm a teacher and from what I see in the school where I work, I think America is "dumbing down" again and again!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran