New Contributor

Re: Got my Bob Mackie maxi today , A254285

I bought two colors...blue multi and teal multi. Love both of them. I like the fabric because it hangs really well. I find that other maxi dresses in lighter fabrics tend to ride up and twist. The cap sleeve balances the dress and the large print design.

I ordered two sizes, 1X and 2X. I normally wear a 1X but decided to keep the 2X because I have a large bust (42DD). It fits perfectly from top to bottom.

Hope Bob makes more maxi dresses. His designs and patterns are great for this style of dress...keep them coming!

Honored Contributor

Debt - I wanted the teal but by the time i decided it was gone in my size. When something good comes on QVC you have to make up your mind fast and have flying fingers on the phone! I am very happy with the red, as it is exactly the same color as garnets and I have a lot of garnet jewelry. I think a pair of stud earrings and a simple bracelet will be all needed with this dress.

I was wondering - did you hang them on a hanger? They are a knit and so heavy I am afraid of the length growing so I neatly folded mine and put it on a shelf with my sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I have a Bob Mackie wrap dress that is beautiful as well. It is teal blue with a fleur de lee design. Only problem is it is long sleeve and heavy fabric - so I only wear it in winter.

Super Contributor

I received mine too and love it. I got the purple multi which as tones of coral in it. Lovely pattern and colors. Got the XL but could have gone with the L for a slimmer fit.

It is a bit heavy but should be fine in air conditioned places. Love that it doesn't wrinkle so I have just folded this up for now instead of hanging it. Should be excellent for travel.

Honored Contributor

I loved that this one came in regular and petite. I was on the fence because I am not a maxi person but I think this might be my first Bob and my first Maxi.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

That is a beautiful dress. Enjoy!

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

I wore it to church with a shrug for more arm coverage in our air conditioned church - it was not too warm (as i feared it may be) and i took off the shrug when we went to breakfast later with DH's family and it was comfortable then too - sitting in the shade at the beach, where there was a breeze. I did receive a few compliments on my pretty dress.

Honored Contributor

On 5/10/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I loved that this one came in regular and petite. I was on the fence because I am not a maxi person but I think this might be my first Bob and my first Maxi.

Mine is long - right to the floor - and i wear a 32"" pants inseam. I had to change my shoes to some with a small heel.