Respected Contributor

I just saw in fin Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. Back in the day these were my go to jeans! Wow! That brings back some memories!

Respected Contributor

I wear them, I get them for 15.99 or something like that at costco or on sale at Macys, I like the fit.  I didn't get the first part of your sentence, in fin?

Honored Contributor

I've never worn GV jeans before.  They look high waisted.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 @Fashions night in. That's what they call it now! Next week it could be something else. Things are forever changing! I forgot they sell them at Costco. Thanks for reminding me. I have an Aunt in assisted living and I'm getting her Christmas package together. She had jeans on her list! The ladies at the facility help her with her laundry so many of her fashions come from Costco which can be laundered. She loves it! She is 93! she will think she is runway ready! Lol

Trusted Contributor

I bought a brown pair of Amanda jeans probably 10 years ago at Walmart for probably 10 bucks. 

Boyfriend hated those jeans. Would tell me he would burn them when I wasn't looking 🤣

They were pretty unflattering on me.

You can find them at Amazon for around $15.00.  

Macy's for $19.99.

On clearance at Kohl's for $8.00.

Respected Contributor

@MezzieStarr  Thanks! I will hunt for some for my Aunt! At 93 she will think she is a rock star! Lol

Respected Contributor

I think Costco has sold Amanda jeans since htey opened here. I bought a couple of pair because they caried  short, regular, and tall lengths.THey were always $11.99 and they would have several colors that weren't carried other places. They still carry the Amanda jean and they must sell them by the truckload from how many they have stacked on the tables there.

They were the quintessential "mom jean" because they are very high-waisted. i am going to check out a new GV pant Costco just got on their website. It is a pull-on style and I may give it a try.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gloria Vanderbilt jeans

[ Edited ]

Description says they are high rise, above the waist. No petites or talls.

ETA- 

My former MIL loved GV jeans. She had lower back pain and she said they were the only jeans that didn't hurt her back b/c the rise was high enough to go above the part of her back where the pain was located. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Gloria Vanderbilt jeans

[ Edited ]

Just got my Costco holiday sale mailer today and the GV Amanda Jean will be 9.99 after $9.00 off in their upcoming sale....but it is only on Costco.com, not in the warehouse. I think the sale begins 10/26, but didn't keep the mailer. Sounds like a great deal if you like this Jean...it is limit 10. Shipping is usually included in the price. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought both Amy and the OAP looked really good in them. They were flattering on both body types. Yes, they were high waisted but they didn't look frumpy because of the slim straight leg shape. They especially made Amy look like she had much longer legs.