Trusted Contributor

His line/material was quality for QVC.  All of the tops I purchased look fabulous, still. Cannot say that about the liquid knot tops from- you know who-all pilling and dull after a short time. His knit was just so much better.

They threw him out and brought in Halston-which is *%#^ quality, C Wonder-okay. You know that the huge "holding company" that bought out Ripka also owns Halston. There is a Q connection, although they also own Liz and that has been kicked out.

I would also like to know where you can find his other line.  I do know his coats were at Nordys. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Do a search for him on the website and you'll see he is back.

Super Contributor

@K9buddy wrote:

Do a search for him on the website and you'll see he is back.

Perhaps I misunderstood your post, I just searched this website and everything is on clearance.  I also Googled George Simonton and all listings were either old QVC listings, or for Ebay.  Nordstrom has nothing for sale of his.  I am sorry I don't have one of his coats. 

Honored Contributor

I just love the 'old-schooled' designers.  They started at the very bottom, learning how to cut, construct, sew, etc., etc.  They are truly experts in their field.  Missing Mr. Simonton.  Well, never say never.  The Q just might eventually bring him back, hopefully.  Maybe we can post in the Suggestions section/category.   Let's request his return through our lucky stars!  Wishing and hoping..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I just love the 'old-schooled' designers.  They started at the very bottom, learning how to cut, construct, sew, etc., etc.  They are truly experts in their field.  Missing Mr. Simonton.  Well, never say never.  The Q just might eventually bring him back, hopefully.  Maybe we can post in the Suggestions section/category.   Let's request his return through our lucky stars!  Wishing and hoping..........

I agree @ROMARY'I loved watching George he is so knowledgable,  the only other two designers that fit this bill are Louis and Stan Herman,   Old school,not too many of them around anymore especially at the Q.

Super Contributor

He may reappear  on Evine or HSN Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I miss him and his clothing line.

He was careful to explain the design

and fit and construction and I like

that.  All the Q clothing lines are 

starting to look alike jmho.

Good thoughts and wishes to George!

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

@newziesuzie, I completely agree with you.  I'm very disappointed in QVC not inviting George back, so I decided not to buy any clothing from QVC at this point.  Personally, I loved the quality and the beauty of his clothes, and he's such a nice gentleman.  I really miss seeing him.  As far as I'm concerned, it's QVC's loss.  I certainly hope he will sell his clothing line elsewhere -- I'll be shopping there!

Janice

Contributor

DITTO!

Trusted Contributor

George is on Facebook and is always posting pictures and communicating with his fans.  He even went on my FB page and wished me a Happy Birthday.  We have all told him that we love and miss him.  I personally feel if he decided to retire, he would have gladly made a statement on his FB page which he didn't.   I think it was QVC who phased him out.