Respected Contributor

Loved his clothes and his presentations. At the end he was putting sparkles on blouses and lost me.

must have bought 30 blouses, skirts and jackets.

QVC didn’t renew his contract. I even wrote a letter to corporate and surprisingly received a call from the 

Pres of QVC’s secretary.

He taught at FIT for 40 years—— he loved women and wanted to make us look good. A real class act. I miss him greatly.

Respected Contributor

Sadly George's contract was not re-newed at QVC and he seemed to fall off the map. I liked some of his things but he began dressing very strangely in the last year or two on the Q.   Big red glasses, white pants and a lime green windbreaker one time.   How a designer could dress so poorly was beyond my comprehension.  

Capture.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Reever  That was a few years ago that his contract was not renewed. 

I liked the way he dressed. Made a statement.

Honored Contributor

He certainly danced to his own drummer... a real artist in fashion.  He seemed like an odd ball.... but a genuinely nice person and really passionate about what he did. 

Respected Contributor

"Odd ball designer"? Really? You think that about George Simonton? He was a very nice  man on QVC who did wonderful, professional presentations. That's what I remember about George.

Honored Contributor

Slightly off topic .... GS did teach at Fashion Institute of Technology.  The school part of the NY State University System.  I found out about this from an acquaintance who teaches math at FIT.

Senior citizens in New York, for a small fee, can audit classes at any of the state university schools.

FIT has quite a few courses under their  Senior Learners Program.   

Honored Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

"Odd ball designer"? Really? You think that about George Simonton? He was a very nice  man on QVC who did wonderful, professional presentations. That's what I remember about George.

@ahoymate      perhaps not the best choice of words..... lets just say he danced to his own drummer. I personally found him a bit odd. 

Honored Contributor

Huh?  You are worried about his health just because he doesn't post on FB?  I never considered him to be an odd ball or strange or any other insulting thing some of you have said.  Like many people in fashion and in the arts, he was colorful and flamboyant.  I was sorry to see him leave QVC but I understood why.  After a while, his designs didn't work well for the average woman.  He was stuck in design rut.  As women began to dress more casually, he continued with his flouncy, ruffly stuff.  Leaving QVC doesn't mean he stopped working.  

Super Contributor

I love GS and his clothes!  I will never forget this---my first time in  NYC a very fashionable "NY looking" lady came up to me while in a deli and complimented my top.  It was a GS---even tho it doesn't fit anymore---I can't part with passing it on! LOL  

Honored Contributor

I loved to watch him.  He was always to thorough in describing his garments.  I miss him.