Respected Contributor

Does anyone else follow George Simonton on Facebook?  He has not posted in months. I am worried about his health.  George was an odd ball designer who left QVC a few years ago many will remember him. He disappreared from QVC and hasnt been heard from since.

Honored Contributor

Re: George Simonton

[ Edited ]

I read that he is developing 3 new labels for 2020-it will be his 40th year on 7th avenue.

Maybe he is just not keeping up with his facebook postings and doesnt' have time or doesn't want to.

I know so many people who have gotten off facebook.

I read he is partnering with L'Art de la Mode, an Italian company.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

No I don't follow him of FB and never bought anything from George, but I thought he was a sweet person on air. I remember him wearing a diamond line bracelet and I thought he was an interesting dresser, loved his hair too.

Honored Contributor

I used to love watching him.  His clothes were wonderful.

I googled “Where is George Simonton in September 2019” no you are right, nothing came up other than Facebook 2018.

I hope he’s not sick.  He is so sweet and such a good designer.  I would think taking one of his classes would be an amazing experience.

Valued Contributor

I used to like to watch him and the host Aubrey together - now both of them are gone.

He used to have amazing jewelry on his models that he had designed and I remember him saying that QVC was going to carry his jewelry, but that must have fallen thru 

Trusted Contributor

He has jewelry for sale on his website georgesimontonfashion.com.  Couldn't  find anything else current.

Honored Contributor

Just think:  Chloe Dao, George Simonton, Sarah Campbell, Sarah Dennis (and almost Louis dell Olio) --- all traded off for IM (Target's housebrand, now QVC's).

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoyed watching GS on QVC.  He certainly knew how to design for a woman's body.  I loved to hear him explain every seam and tuck on garments.   Didn't he teach fashion design at a university?   Too bad he's no longer on QVC.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor
In his early QVC days GS had nice styles. I still have one top and 2 jackets of his that I wear often.

In his last QVC seasons it was like he lost his focus / direction and it all went down hill.
Honored Contributor

It seems George is moving to Florida. He just had an estate sale of the contents of his Long Island home last month.