Valued Contributor

George Simonton and Dell'Olio

I was watching George's fashion segment last night. Before I watched QVC I had never heard of him. Come to think of it I had never heard of Louis Dell'Olio either. Had any of you ladies heard of or purchased any of their fashions before you saw them on QVC??

Just wondering...

Frequent Contributor

Re: George Simonton and Dell'Olio

I discovered them on QVC and I'm glad I did!

Honored Contributor

As a young woman, I bought Anne Klein fashions. Louis was the major designer of that label, along with Donna Karan.

Esteemed Contributor

I also learned their names through QVC, but I certainly knew Ann Klein and FIT. I was impressed that QVC brought in these wonderful designers. My fear is that they will tear apart their talent and creativity in the nane if cheapo sales.
Respected Contributor

I bought G. Simonton clothes about 35 years ago. Louis had his line with Anne Klein at the same time as Goldie76 said and I bought clothing from that line also. Louis' clothes were always beautiful and classic. You can't go wrong with LDO clothing line at QVC. You just have to find your correct size and then watch your wallet. You will be addicted.
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Oh, goodness. George Simonton was featured in so many nice department stores and there was once a web site that sold very nice clothing including his and Sarah Campbell among others. They quit doing business. I wish I could recall the name. They sold out about 5 years ago. I had just ordered George and Sarah clothing from them. Help me. Somebody, remember the name. My drugs and treatment are doing a number on my memory.

Super Contributor

No ... but I never paid any attention to the name on the label. I shopped at Macy's, Franklin Simon, Bloomingdale's, Orbach's, Loehmann's, Alexanders, Plymouth Shops and many others who are no longer among the living. I still don't pay much attention to the label when I shop. I'm more interested in style and color ... not who made it.

And - for years when I was younger, made the majority of my clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

I never heard of either men before QVC. I did buy Anne Klein clothing...but I don't think I knew who the designer was...I guess I assumed it was Anne Klein. LOL. I'm not a person who spent a lot of time on 'fashion' other than buying and wearing good clothing.

Most of my clothing in my younger days was purchased at Nordstroms and The Bon Marche (now Macy's). Had a couple of boutiques I liked at Bellevue Mall. But that was back when I had more money than sense. (aka the '80's).

I've never purchased anything from GS on the Q. Oh...I take that back...I did order a red coat from GS but ended up sending it back. I can't remember why...sizing or style most likely. I've been on the lookout for a red dressy wool (or cashmere) coat for the longest time. Still haven't found it.

I like many of the LDO items...but not everything works for my lifestyle. The LDO items I have purchased are exceptionally well made items and have been a good value. Anything I've sent back had to do w/ sizing/fit issues.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 MadamAnne said:

I discovered them on QVC and I'm glad I did!

Same here.

Trusted Contributor

Louis was the head designer for Anne Klein for about 20 years and an industry icon. He was one of few elected to the Coty Hall of Fame along with his colleague Donna Karan. Donna went out on her own to establish her own very successful line. Louis's Linea line he developed for QVC is just about perfect for me, as were Anne Klein and Anne Klein II. Most of my wardrobe is Linea.

George had been a well-established designer before coming to QVC. He is also a tenured professor at FIT, no small feat to achieve. He is a wonderful man and very talented designer, whose current creations on QVC unfortunately don't work very well for me. Although I do have a lovely jacket I bought from him many years ago. Beautiful quality, and I always get many compliments when I wear it.