Trusted Contributor

Re: George Simonton and Dell'Olio

George's clothes/material are much higher quality than Susan Graver. They truly hold up, whereas my Graver items get dull in color, stain, and pill-all in different places, so it is not me. Simonton's don't do this I just love George and Louis. They are both gentlemen who speak well and are not hard sell like Dennis and Susan. THEY HAVE CLASS.

Honored Contributor

They are true gentlemen as is Bob Mackie. They are from the old school with a strong work ethic. Quality is really important to them.

Honored Contributor

With a few exceptions (Bob Mackie and Nolan Miller) I had never heard of most of the clothing or jewelry designers who are on the Q until seeing them here. That is why, I suppose, I am not very impressed with most of therm. Of course, if I sat around every month pouring over fashion magazines maybe I would have. Instead I spent my spare time reading Nursing journals.

Trusted Contributor

I knew of Louis when he was head designer for Anne Klein. Really well made clothing.

Valued Contributor

Wow what a lot of fun facts about these designers. Thank you for your comments.

Valued Contributor

On 2/10/2015 kate2357 said:

I never heard of either men before QVC. I did buy Anne Klein clothing...but I don't think I knew who the designer was...I guess I assumed it was Anne Klein. LOL. I'm not a person who spent a lot of time on 'fashion' other than buying and wearing good clothing.

Most of my clothing in my younger days was purchased at Nordstroms and The Bon Marche (now Macy's). Had a couple of boutiques I liked at Bellevue Mall. But that was back when I had more money than sense. (aka the '80's).

I've never purchased anything from GS on the Q. Oh...I take that back...I did order a red coat from GS but ended up sending it back. I can't remember why...sizing or style most likely. I've been on the lookout for a red dressy wool (or cashmere) coat for the longest time. Still haven't found it.

I like many of the LDO items...but not everything works for my lifestyle. The LDO items I have purchased are exceptionally well made items and have been a good value. Anything I've sent back had to do w/ sizing/fit issues.

Sounds like you are from Seattle or Bellevue in Washington state. I live in Snohomish, North of Seattle. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

I subscribed to Vogue in my late teens (1960s) through the 1990s. LDO is my contemporary. I started buying Anne Klein for career clothing around the time Donna Karan and Louis Dell'Olio started their careers at that label. It suited my work life to a T and I still have a few sweaters and blouses, a jacket, scarves and jewelry from AK when Louis ran it. I loved the cut and fit of AK suits and dresses! I also sought out "AK for Vogue" designer sewing patterns. For work, I also wore Albert Nipon dresses, Donna Karan (after she had her own line), Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren. I knew of Mr. Simonton, but did not own any of his clothing prior to QVC. I don't recall seeing his label locally.

Valued Contributor

I had never heard of any of the designers on QVC before I started watching.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Cookie06 said:
On 2/10/2015 kate2357 said:

I never heard of either men before QVC. I did buy Anne Klein clothing...but I don't think I knew who the designer was...I guess I assumed it was Anne Klein. LOL. I'm not a person who spent a lot of time on 'fashion' other than buying and wearing good clothing.

Most of my clothing in my younger days was purchased at Nordstroms and The Bon Marche (now Macy's). Had a couple of boutiques I liked at Bellevue Mall. But that was back when I had more money than sense. (aka the '80's).

I've never purchased anything from GS on the Q. Oh...I take that back...I did order a red coat from GS but ended up sending it back. I can't remember why...sizing or style most likely. I've been on the lookout for a red dressy wool (or cashmere) coat for the longest time. Still haven't found it.

I like many of the LDO items...but not everything works for my lifestyle. The LDO items I have purchased are exceptionally well made items and have been a good value. Anything I've sent back had to do w/ sizing/fit issues.

Sounds like you are from Seattle or Bellevue in Washington state. I live in Snohomish, North of Seattle. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You're correct. Before I got married I lived in Kirkland. Now I live in Magnolia. Love shopping in Bellevue Square...just don't get over there too often. Snohomish is a nice area. We have friends who live in Mill Creek and we will sometimes go to lunch in Snohomish.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

BARRIE PACE is what I was thinking of. George Simonton sold there where I bought his clothing. I think they must sell MISOOK exclusively now.