Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack I am so glad that you are happy with your new purchase! Fast shipping for you.

I too have a few versions of the Ahh Bras.  In fact I bought Ahh before Genie.  My issue with them was that each set I ordered was different from the last.  Sometimes that was good and other times not so much.  I did learn from my Ahh experience that I needed to size up 2 in order to avoid the uni-boob look.  However going up 2 also lessened the support.  When I went to Genie and sized up 2 the fit was perfect. No uni-boob and supportive.  Maybe the Genie fabric has a tighter weave? 

My reason for going through so many changes with these bras (buying, returning and buying again) is because many of my new tops have thin fabrics and body skimming designs that necessitate a smoother foundation -- especially on my back.  I am now a happy girl but it wasn't without some initial frustration and bad purchases.

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl  Yeah, customizable (particularly strapless) are a bit difficult for us larger busted women. I am looking to use these more for being able to do cross backed because some of my tanks work better for those. I also like the thin straps as sometimes the thicker straps peek out on the sides of some shirts so the thinner straps that are placed wider than normal will be better for those shirts.  I will try strapless too but am not putting much faith in them, lol. I may try a medium in these, just to compare fits, especially if I can get them for $5 because I will keep it regardless as I know it won't be too big.

Gosh there are so many pretty colors to choose from too. I want them all! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  Wow yours shipped super fast! Glad they are working for you too!

Honored Contributor

oh @islandgrrl I meant to say please definitely let me know if you see one of those fantastic $5 sales!!

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl and others, well I had a bra that was snagged in one area when I received it so I contacted customer service and they sent me a label to return it for free for an exchange. That was over a week ago that I sent it back and they claim they still have not received it and they said their label does not have a tracking number associated with it. I've never heard of a pre-paid return label that didn't have a tracking number! So I have no real recourse- I am out a bra!

Oh and I had tried to email them a few times about my return/exchange and oddly those emails kept getting bounced back! I had to contact them through chat (I tried calling but they were already closed). Odd.

I guess when they say something is too good to be true, they are right!

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze Oh, what a bummer!  I am so sorry that happened to you.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that your bra is on a slow boat and will turn up soon.  No tracking number? Crazy.  

Keep us posted.  If your bra is lost, that will be a huge red flag. I'll just count my blessings and won't risk another order.  

Honored Contributor

@islandgrrl wrote:

@depglass wrote:
Islandgrrl, no I was thinking of the general tone of this thread. Now that I read one person got two versions in the same shipment, I've totally decided against trying the website. The QVC Genies were not supportive enough, another D cup here. I now wear Ronda Shear's Ahh Bra around the house, the wider one, meaning vertically wider, much more supportive. Out in public I wear a variety of Breezies, purchased from Ebay.

I can't swear this is true for everyone but my experience was that the black, white, and 'nude' Genies from the website came in one style (lace trim and a bit tighter fit) while the fun, bright color came in a different style (no lace, higher cut and a bit softer).  Between the two I much preferred the bright colors.  While I can wear all of the bras in my order, it was in no way clear when I was ordering that the styles would be different.  Given Genie's increasing name presence in the marketplace I was very surprised that this difference wasn't noted up front.  Also my basic colors came in boxes like those you see in Bed Bath and Beyond.  The colored bras came with much less packaging.

I ordered various colors both times and they were different.   

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze @Lipstickdiva @MaggieMack

I don't know where we all left off on being happy (or not) with purchasing Genie bras from their website but they are running a $7 sale for all styles.  I think this might be the last day. This is particularly good for the Milana style which are normally $14.  Just FYI.

Esteemed Contributor

@islandgrrl, thanks for the heads up, but my inventory of these bras might best be described as a "glut!" Or a 10-year inventory, lol!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@islandgrrl, thanks for the heads up, but my inventory of these bras might best be described as a "glut!" Or a 10-year inventory, lol!

@MaggieMack I know exactly what you mean.  I have a shameless number of these bras (kinda like our JCP layering tee).  But I actually do need a couple of Milana bras -- I use them to convert some of my lower cut tops into something a bit more respectable for work and visits with older relatives!