Esteemed Contributor

I shop by color and style.  I tend to look for a good price point.. the lower the better.  I shop online mostly.  Many of the QVC fashion items are very high as compared to what I find elsewhere.  IS THE QUALITY SO MUCH BETTER THAT THE PRICE IS WORTH IT.?  Tops, jeans, jackets, mostly.  

Respected Contributor

Re: General pricing question

@bonnielu  I can only speak to the brands that I have purchased.

Although none of them are bargain prices, I find that Denim & Co., Joan Rivers, Isaac Misrahi, Belle by Kim Gravelle and Stan

Herman use good quality fabrics and those are the brands that I stick with.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no issues with the brands.  I wait it out and buy Clearance or AS IS.  But in general I personally don't see much difference in quality from some catalog stores or even Walmart for my purposes.  I have quite a collection and I carefully select my fashions for color and style. Same attention and compliments no matter what I pay. 

Honored Contributor

I rarely buy anything from QVC at full price.

I buy most of my clothes elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

My experience with QVC clothing is that the quality is a bit better than a lot of what you will find at many of the national chain retailers. If you compare QVC to the so-called bargain and moderate-priced fashions elsewhere, I think Q equals and in some instances exceeds the competition.  I think to buy better than some of the QVC brands you have to shop in the sections of department stores that are called better sportswear, or a specialty store that sells better sportswear (such as Ann Taylor). Those prices are usually higher than QVC's regular prices unless the item is on sale.  If the QVC regular prices are higher than what you would like to pay I suggest waiting for special price promotions (TSV, One Day Only, Clearance Sale, As Is). You may not always get exactly what you want shopping this way, but it won't be like you're relegated to shopping for the bottom of the barrel either. 

Respected Contributor

I have purchased mainly Denim & Co. /Susan Graver /Dennis Basso coats and winter jackets. I have found them to be a better quality than found in brick and mortar stores. I have more than I need so have not purchased any this year, but noticed that prices are much higher. I am  assured for the majority of times that my size will be right. I always check and triple check the 'click here ' measurements. Sleeves are the most worrisome measurement , some are so long, but I can tailor for myself .

I shop at many locations but find online the easiest and safest lately. 

I do like and find true that Denim &Co. matches the plaids and stripes very well . Gary does not lie about that .Smiley Happy 

I simply do not need an outfit for the most part at $50. a piece for the top and pants. I do check out 'blowout clearance ' and LTS. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu 

I used to buy more clothes from the Q years ago, but I can find similar things elsewhere for less. I've been buying at my local stores more to save money. I've only bought 2 or 3 Q fashion items this year. 

The quality of the Q clothes I've purchased, whether years ago, or earlier this year, has mostly been good. There's been a few "duds", but over the course of 25 years, I've been mostly satisfied. Still, I'm not convinced that Q clothes are worth the higher cost. The items I tend to buy now from the Q are on sale. I usually save items I like, and then check back to see if there's been a price reduction. 

I remember when the average regular price of most tops at the Q was under $30. Now most tops are in the $50 price range. I realize the prices go up, but I don't want to pay $50 for a casual top so I buy most of those elsewhere. 

I also disagree with the comment that hosts and vendors make about inexpensive $10-20 tops lasting only a season. I have many tops in that price range that hold up to multiple years of wear. 

Honored Contributor

I do most of my shopping on Qvc.com  because I like to see a wide variety of things, not just what's on TV.  I don't watch QVC TV anyway.  I think QVC prices are very reasonable and the quality is excellent.  I have no problem with the prices.  I do 90% of my shopping with my favorite 4 or 5 designers because I know the fit and the colors will work with what I already own.  

Honored Contributor

I buy very little fashion here.  I had an Issac jacket I loved which was great but the brass looking buttons turned dull after a year!  Almost $80.00!!!!

The main thing that held up for me was Dennis Basso and Joan Rivers, but I don't buy much of Joan's line because of the "pork chop" buttons!  NO way am I putting a circle on my thigh!!!!