Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI is Lisa Robertson line end of story

On 3/27/2015 NYC Susan said:
On 3/27/2015 turtle52 said:
On 3/27/2015 JONNYSBRO said: I watched the new girl I wasn't impressed at all. She didn't sell the line the way LR did. You have to understand GILI was created by QVC and LR because they would get so many calls about what Lisa was wearing they were her own couture clothes. She ate lived and breathed GILI and anytime it was on LR show she would sell out of it all. While I give her credit for trying she was GILI period end of story

1. The new person is a woman--NOT a GIRL!

2. Many of the GILI items that Lisa "sold" didn't sell and were/are offered at greatly reduced prices. Many were problematic and got bad reviews.

You REALLY need to take up a hobby, get a job or get out more JB!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

NYC Susan, I'm a NY "girl" also!

Honored Contributor

They need to just end it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 taja123 said:
On 3/27/2015 loveschocolate said:

JM did a great job presenting. She was upfront about sizing up on the clothing which in the past when GILI clothing items have been presented wasn't the case.

I'm surprised the Q got someone so qualified. She must be making a mint. She's had so much experience for one so young. She's got to be very qualified. Emmy, author, newscasters, wow, her vita must overflow.

Is this the bleached blond that i saw on last night? I read her resume. Seems she has trouble staying in one job long. Could be that hair.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:

JM did a great job presenting. She was upfront about sizing up on the clothing which in the past when GILI clothing items have been presented wasn't the case.

I'm surprised the Q got someone so qualified. She must be making a mint. She's had so much experience for one so young. She's got to be very qualified. Emmy, author, newscasters, wow, her vita must overflow.

Is this the bleached blond that i saw on last night? I read her resume. Seems she has trouble staying in one job long. Could be that hair.

Nice...NOT! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Regular Contributor

If GILI is evolved into a everyday wear line, what's the use? Jill Martin did say during her debut show that she's into pockets, pockets, and more pockets. OK. Lisa Robertson maybe didn't include so much pockets in her clothing line because if not done right it can cause a lot of bulk. Lisa Robertson probably didn't have pockets in her clothes and that's why she made sure to include huge purses in the GILI line. Who needs a whole bunch of pockets if you have a large roma on your arm. And why should the GILI line evolve into every day wear? Already so much every day wear on the Q between LOGO, Isaac, Denim & Co.

But I will keep watching to see how it evolves. Jill Martin was entertaining to watch. I think Q should try to team her up with various hosts.

Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Nice...NOT! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Wasn't meant to please people, only to be what I observed.

Respected Contributor

On 3/27/2015 ontime said: What I don't understand about all of this is how QVC or any company can recreate someone else's designs and then go and put their own name on it. Isn't there a copywrite equivalent to fashion? I know nothing about fashion design so this may be a very unintelligent question. And another one, how can someone presume to know if someone else is qualified for a job by seeing them do a small part of that job for the very first time on tv? It usually takes quite a lot of time to grow into a position. I'm glad that I don 't have to work with or for some of you people.

I guess the only caveat is that the "knockoff" doesn't put the designer's name on it. We all know about the LV bags that are true knockoffs, but if someone does a similar bag, but doesn't put the name on the items, then no laws are broken. Face it, most fashions are copies from an original.

What I don't understand about GILI is why it didn't leave QVC with Lisa. Seems like it was her baby, but the Q may have bought her out. We'll never know.

Trusted Contributor

GILI and LR can both disappear as far as I am concerned. Overpriced, overhyped merchandise - and an overrated salesperson Move on
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/27/2015 NYC Susan said:
On 3/27/2015 JONNYSBRO said: I watched the new girl I wasn't impressed at all. She didn't sell the line the way LR did. You have to understand GILI was created by QVC and LR because they would get so many calls about what Lisa was wearing they were her own couture clothes. She ate lived and breathed GILI and anytime it was on LR show she would sell out of it all. While I give her credit for trying she was GILI period end of story

1. The new person is a woman--NOT a GIRL!

2. Many of the GILI items that Lisa "sold" didn't sell and were/are offered at greatly reduced prices. Many were problematic and got bad reviews.

You REALLY need to take up a hobby, get a job or get out more JB!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

NYC Susan, I'm a NY "girl" also!

NY all my life! Love it!

Smile

Regular Contributor

I will never understand how those who like Lisa Robertson are told to move on. But those who are fans of Lisa Mason, Kathy Levine, etc can post to their hearts content and no one tells those folks to move on. Kathy Levine is allowing Paula Deen to sell products and people are okay with this? I checked out Lisa Mason's interview with Courtney and she referred to her as a "little girl". It may have some type of meaning, but I just don't care for her style. I have the right to my opinion and I will move on like all the Lisa Bashers suggest. I'm moving on from these boards that are full of narrow minded people.