Honored Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

Does anyone know how much a store brand leather jacket would be in a department store? I have not shopped for one recently.

@Iwantcoffee

There are lots of "deals" to be had for less, IMO.  I posted about one on the D & Co. leather jacket thread.

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@TY wrote:

I wondered what others were saying about the G.I.L.I presentation tonight and I think Jill Martin does a poor job at presenting the leather TSV. What size are the models wearing? Whatever size Plus size Jackie is wearing, it does not fit. She looks top heavy and busty when the jacket is unzipped and the edge of the jacket is resting on the outside of her bust. 

Jill Martin did not even show the inside of the jacket until more than 11 minutes into the first presentation of the TSV.

i noticed when one of the thin models turned around that the jacket was riding up in the back because the jacket didn't fit her.

Jill may be wear a size 2 in the jacket but it looked small on her too. I predict a lot of returns for sizing issues. For someone who is a reporter, Jill is not a good communicator when it comes to selling clothes!

Jill Martin is not a size 2.   IMO, she should have been in a 4.  I didn't see much of the presentation yet, but the few minutes I saw... I noticed the jacket fit poorly on every model.  They were poured into it--even the smaller models.

Did they ever say what size the slim models were in?  If they were in 0's, they should have gone to a 2 or 4.  

I love the blush color, but it's too short for me.  Plus, I think it's overpriced for a QVC leather jacket.  I don't trust their leather.  For $275, I want some super soft leather, and I can find it on sale elsewhere.

The fit IS off on everyone.  None of them looked good in it.

Karena-it runs in numberered sizes-not xxs, etc.  Smiley Happy

I have to agree...turned on the TV lastnight and this morning and nobody looked "comfortable" in this jacket..everyone was wearing 1 -2 sizes too small for themselves....no way 2 out of the 3 models could even zip it up.  I often see Marybeth with jackets too small and have no way of being able to be closed or zipped......and i agree the price is way too high....and potentially many returns because of sizing.......and Jill M. put the OBI belt on lastnight over the jacket....really???

Respected Contributor

Gorgeous jacket. The detailing is very pretty.  I like the stitching on the shoulders, the zigzag trim. I realize it's the style, but I'd like it longer, more classic in length, for the price. I would never wear it with an obi belt!   It's too short for that and the belt spoils the look. 

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI LEATHER JACKET TSV

[ Edited ]

okay, dumbest comments I've ever heard when selling clothing. They are asking the models what size they wear, first model says size 6, but she normally wears size 8, Jayne says really? you're wearing a size 6 then? Jackie comes up and says she's wearing a 14 but could go up a size. None of them are wearing it zipped, so Jayne says if you want to wear it zipped, go up a size. No Jayne, what the models are saying is they should be wearing their NORMAL size if they want it zipped but went down a size.

Why would anyone buy a jacket too small with the intention of not being able to zip it. This TSV is going to be a disaster when all the returns come in. 9:00 am and they sold about 3500, don't see this being a big seller at all.

ETA: Just watching, Jackie needs to go up 2 sizes if she wants it to close, the zipper is so far apart on her jacket, it looks like a bolero instead of a jacket. $3.00 to ship it to you but most likely $9-10 to ship back. Nope, lots of people going to be mad about losing $12 when they send it back. 

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

Re: GILI LEATHER JACKET TSV

[ Edited ]

I think Jill looks fine in it on the picture on the homepage.  But it looks like she might not have anything on under it.  A size up and she'd be swimming in it.

I also think Mary looks beautiful in it except that she needs to go up a size if she wants it to close.  LOL  Otherwise, I like how it looks on her and how she styled it.

I'm not in the market for a leather jacket and if I were, I just wouldn't buy it from QVC.  This is an item where the fit needs to work and I would need to try it on.  I also think that less than one month after Christmas, this may be a tough sell. 

I've not seen it presented at all.  I did see Jayne and Rachel in it but it was hard to tell anything about the fit because they both wore it open.  

Honored Contributor

Jacket is too tight on everyone.  Then again, maybe that's the look they are going for.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Jacket is too tight on everyone.  Then again, maybe that's the look they are going for.

@Bird mama

I wonder if they have manufactured the sleeves to be super long, and for every size up they go, the sleeves get longer.  Otherwise, I'm not sure why everyone is pouring themselves into it.  

The head to toe black looks a bit Matrix/Dominatrix to me.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I don't know what the issue is other than it looks ill fitting.  It really looks bad on the bustier woman.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

They do seem to be quite snug. I like the light blue color, but I'm not in need of another jacket.