Contributor

While I really miss Lisa Robertson and still enjoy her Facebook postings, Jill Martin is growing on me.  She appears more comfortable, confident, and self-assured in her role as creative director of GILI.  I imagine that anyone trying to establish herself in what many of us identified as "Lisa's brand" would have found the task a bit daunting!

What I appreciate from Ms. Martin is her focus on the product.  Though she, like so many other vendors and hosts, is "obsessed" with almost everything she promotes, she refrains from over-using adjectives such as "amazing, amazing" and actually provides specifics.  Her explanations and demonstrations are clear, and her admiration is directed to the item. 

Additionally, I like what's happening with GILI. I wish the prices were lower, but I am finding the quality improving--fabrics feel more expensive, linings are soft and well-sewn.  True, not everything is a homerun and some things are not my taste, but the fit with every item I've purchased in this evolving GILI line has been perfect. And I'm delighted that my size 0 is not sold out by the time of the show!

Honored Contributor

I think too many people think of this as Lisa's line.  And for the most part, they are right, even though she didn't own it.

Lisa wasn't only selling the clothes.  She was selling the lifestyle.  

I have nothing against Jill and think she really gets hammered on this board for no reason, but with Jill selling the line, now it's just clothing and overpriced clothing at that.       

Regular Contributor

I always change the channel when GILI is on even when LR was doing it.  Most things look like they are made for very tiny women and everything is overpriced.  Not knocking anyone who loves GILI as we all like what we like.

Super Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I've noticed that new things go to clearance quickly. 

Not that this is a bad thing.

Lisa had 250K+  facebook followers and was an expert at ginning up demand for G.I.L.I. 

It seems that QVC thought it was the actual products customers wanted when it's pretty clear what people were buying was Lisa's look and lifestyle.

I find G.I.L.I. over priced for the middling quality.

I loved G.I.L.I. style 6-8 months ago and have several pieces I purchased when LR was on. Come to think of it I haven't brought ANY G.I.L.I. since last year. I just don't like many of the new pieces and the ones I do like IMO are over priced.

Super Contributor

@circles wrote:

I refuse to pay $200.00 for a jacket with wings....and no zippers...buttons or snaps...not to mention they size only to 24....what about the rest of us....

As to the new Rep...I don't care for her on the Q....or on the Today show...she just seems snobby...

When they previewed the TSV I tried to guess the price. "Okay, no buttons, no belt, no zippers and pontie (not fully leather)... maybe $129. Oh my goodness COTTON on the collar too and a lot of it. I'm with you on this one, $200 is ludicrous even as a TSV.

Contributor

I like thethis line but agree that jacket would have flown out of the door quicker if the price had been lower indeed.

I also have stopped watching their shows more then not due to the sizing ! It's great TO BE A SIZE 0 AND OR A 1 as they seem to tout so many times BUT what about the ladies who are larger then the size 24 ? Smiley Indifferent

I really wanted to buy the dress the girls were wearing and the Obi belt for my Mother-in- Law BUT where where the 2X sizes??

So for me I will stay with Dennis Basso  for my gift giving Heart!!

Honored Contributor

@terric wrote:

While I really miss Lisa Robertson and still enjoy her Facebook postings, Jill Martin is growing on me.  She appears more comfortable, confident, and self-assured in her role as creative director of GILI.  I imagine that anyone trying to establish herself in what many of us identified as "Lisa's brand" would have found the task a bit daunting!

What I appreciate from Ms. Martin is her focus on the product.  Though she, like so many other vendors and hosts, is "obsessed" with almost everything she promotes, she refrains from over-using adjectives such as "amazing, amazing" and actually provides specifics.  Her explanations and demonstrations are clear, and her admiration is directed to the item. 

Additionally, I like what's happening with GILI. I wish the prices were lower, but I am finding the quality improving--fabrics feel more expensive, linings are soft and well-sentimentTrue, not everything is a homerun and some things are not my taste, but the fit with every item I've purchased in this evolving GILI line has been permefect. And I'm delighted that my size 0 is not sold out by the time of the show!

@terric-your response reflects my sentiments. I think quality has improved with GILI and Jill has improved too in terms of presentation. 

In fact I've experienced more disappointments with quality & sizing issues with the Linea line--inconsistent sizing with the same item depending on color, brand new zippers breaking with 1st use, broken jewelry upon receipt--also reported on the forum & via reviews by many others. And talk about fast reductions- the Linea zigzag dress,  a supposed Missoni dupe was a huge failure going on clearance within weeks of release. Wish the GILI items were offered at lower prices or fast clearance, but it's ok-stilll better than designer pricing & it helps with restraint! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I have to say that I really enjoy Jill Martin and find her presentations refreshing. She seems to really do her homework and can describe in detail how things are made AND she's really honest about sizing. I bought a GILI skirt for which she advised sizing up, and she was right. She got off to a slow start and had some major Manolos to fill, but for me, she's fun, smart, and looks great in the clothes. As I've often posted, this brand is very hit or miss in terms of fit and fabric, but when it's good, it's really quite good.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Super Contributor

I'm not a fan of Jill Martin or the GILI brand.    She actually makes me miss Lisa R.   The Q pushes its 'couture' line too hard,  and I'm so sick of seeing them push the Obi belt, I tune out immediately once they start presenting it, again.

Regular Contributor

I also noticed the collar on that short jacket looked puckered.   I wasn't impressed at all and everything was way overpriced.