Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Thanks for the reminder!

PANTS WITHOUT POCKETS!!

DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO. DITTO!!!!!

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Roll tab shirts.  I like the idea of them but I am continually fussing with them to keep them looking neat.  As a result, don't buy them any more.

Itchy labels on tops. 

Respected Contributor

This thread is mostly lists of likes and dislikes.

Everyone has styles they prefer.

I don't care for button up shirts with collars. Turtlenecks (not because I live in AZ). I don't like clothing rubbing against my neck. Ballet flats. Pantyhose.  Beige next to my face. Blazers. Wool because it makes me itch. Pastel colors. Scarves. Round pearls.  Most yellow gold.

All just my own dislikes. Many of these things look fine on other people. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I don't care for button up shirts with collars. Turtlenecks (not because I live in AZ). I don't like clothing rubbing against my neck. Ballet flats. Pantyhose.  Beige next to my face. Blazers. Wool because it makes me itch. Pastel colors. Scarves. Round pearls.  Most yellow gold.

You're right. 

Ok. Pet peeve.

I agree about tags. I hate hate hate tags in my clothes. I hate it when it's almost  impossible to cut it out without cutting into the fabric. I've cut into sweaters and tops more than once trying to remove a tag. 

Lately, there are huge multiple fabric & care tags sewn into the side seam on sweaters & tops in addition to the neck tag. 

Respected Contributor

I have 2 fashion pet peeves:

1.  inconsistent sizing within a brand

2.  loose threads and buttons on garments

Honored Contributor

My pet peeves are 3/4 length sleeves, tunic tops, high/low and shark bite hems, open front cardigans and coats, cropped pants, no pockets on jackets and pants, stripes that do not match and my major pet peeve is polyester!

Honored Contributor

My pet peeve is sleeves that are too tight. I can try on so many tops and blouses that fit me perfectly in the body but the sleeves are too tight. If I go up a size it's too big in the body.

It's a consistent problem and has gotten worse. After a certain age many women have bigger upper arms. And some women work out and have more muscular upper arms. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

Roll tab shirts.  I like the idea of them but I am continually fussing with them to keep them looking neat.  As a result, don't buy them any more.

Itchy labels on tops. 

@Caligurll 

My peeve too.  The issue is using the wrong fabrics (hear that SG?) ... the fabrics are too soft to support the rolled cuff, and more often that not, the tab is positioned in the wrong place.

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

You're right. 

Ok. Pet peeve.

I agree about tags. I hate hate hate tags in my clothes. I hate it when it's almost  impossible to cut it out without cutting into the fabric. I've cut into sweaters and tops more than once trying to remove a tag. 

Lately, there are huge multiple fabric & care tags sewn into the side seam on sweaters & tops in addition to the neck tag. 

You may want to try pointy nail scissors and make sure you have your glasses or magnifying glass if you need it.  Stick the point underneath the thread and cut the thread.  You can also use a pin or safety pin to pull a seam before you start cutting, and use a blade to make one cut in the thread.  Then pull the thread that was cut with the pin. Easy as lomg as you can see the thread and have patience.

Respected Contributor

Jeans that look as if they have been in a fight...all ripped up and you can see the skin  of the wearer beneath it. The denim is faded only in a few places,...deliberately.