Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Marlaann said:

Amy's voice is so strident that she almost sounds hysterical. She is trying to hard, and a more laid-back sales approach is more professional. I will not buy products that are pushed down by throat. She needs a presentation skills coach to work with her.

I feel the same way. Colleen Lopez at HSN presents fashions in just the way you describe. Very laid-back, professional and classy. I am more likely to buy something when l don't feel that it's being shoved down my throat.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Heart of Spade said:

Amy looked cute and trendy, IMO. We know the shoes weren't from the Q. Were her jeans? IMO she should have been "inspired" to dress QVC head to toe. I guess she doesn't find the Q's fashions to be very inspiring.

BINGO........This is exactly what is conveyed when a QVC fashion sales host doesn't wear QVC fashion on a fashion show! It doesn't matter what hosts wear when they're hawking jewelry or pots and pans, but to extol QVC fashions while wearing something else is ridiculous. I am always amazed when I see this. You won't catch Colleen or other HSN fashion hosts not wearing the fashions they're selling.

Super Contributor
On 3/3/2015 gardensla said:

I thought it was a fun line up but I'm still not getting how they're going to do one hour per week of LOGO which is just variations on a theme.

If you hadn't seen Inspired Style the format would have been totally foreign; I like that show and was happy to see a younger take on QVC fashions at a time more conducive to watching.

Not sure about the huge, huge, warehouse of a set for PMS, but its not like seeing Shawn as the host was that much of change. She was on a lot over the last few years. One thing that does strike me as sort of funny is the way Lisa Robertson is never mentioned during GILI presentations; she didn't die, she just left the company. I get why they omit her name, but it still strikes me as funny.

I didn't watch end to end; was there a social media host during each of the shows?

Exactly what I was thinking. How many items can she show with virtually the exact same silhouette? And summer's coming. I have no interest in wearing 3 tops at once in summer!

I watched a little of Amy's show, most of the LOGO show and Shawn and Isaac, then bailed.

I sort of like the newness but I think it will get old pretty quick.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Fur Dude said:

I'm sure that Amy is aware of her speech issues. I think it is a bit cruel to keep bringing them up. Not everyone in this world is perfect. She has lived with it all her life, and I'm sure she has been made fun of when she was smaller. Let's not go to that place, lets all be adults here! I know people who have flaws and look past them to see a beautiful person!

A sweet and kind post, thank you.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 4OU2 said: Pretty sure that, no matter who is hosting the show and no matter what they choose to wear, we'd find something to whine about. Amy is doing a great job and looks cute as a button. Do yourself a favor and enjoy the show. Grab some chocolate or a wine.

Perfect post.

Super Contributor
On 3/2/2015 Jackielee said:
On 3/2/2015 msnicky said: Are you guys kidding me???!? The shows just started...??? I suppose everyones flawed except for you ladies.??? Smiley Sad(( so to you everything is wrong.....the prices, the hosts, the fashion styles, the models, the products, the vendors attire, the presentations, the productions etc is ALL messed up but I'm sure if you were in charge you can do so much better. Amy Stran is amazing and I respect the designers

Thank you so much msnicky and two peas!! I thought the same thing when I first started reading this thread. The show had just started, not even an hour into it. I think some of these ladies need to refer to the thread that ran yesterday about not putting down these hosts so terribly,etc. But I really do that I've heard the worst when I read people criticizing Amy's speech impediment?!!! What in the world are you talking about? Amy looks adorable tonight and she always looks fantastic! She is so, so cute! Speech impediment? Well, I guess if you cannot find anything else, you'll really dig deep to put the hate on someone.

Thank you for a great post. Amy is lovely.