Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion is too over priced at q

Macy's is often my "go to" for clothing and household items. They have frequent and really good sale prices and a good rewards program. I feel that qvc has a lot of comparable quality, especially in their proprietary brands. However, I agree that their full prices are getting pretty high. Does anyone actually buy things at their full prices? Or at Macy's? I have no idea. I don't. So I like having both sources available. I appreciate the detailed measurement data qvc provides, and I appreciate still being able to try on many things at Macy's.

Respected Contributor

I went to some shops today looking around.  Saw blazers and jean jackets and shorts and capris to name a few. I saw a pair of shorts similar to Belle and they were 40.00.  Jean jackets were marked 64.00. Nothing special and just a basic jean jacket.  Capris were 25 on up.  

I tried on some Bermuda shorts and went home and ordered because on line they were cheaper and colors I wanted the  store did not have  and not as cheap either.  I checked them out last night on line.  I will have to pick up at the store to save on shipping but didn't want to spend another 25.00 to get free shipping.  Not that far and go that way when I do other  shopping.  I can also have it brought to my car.  

I use to be a big blazer person but not so much any more.  Donated several a few years back.  Not going that route again.    I'd rather wear a soft cardigan or sweater.  

Regular Contributor

I only suggested other options for those who are interested. I am not judging anyone or telling people what to do. I only shared my experience. . If you like Q fashion please continue to shop and do as you please. No judgement here!
Esteemed Contributor

What is absolutely gone is cost savings by cutting out the Q middle man and selling to millions of people. 

The Q has the "advantage;" however, they're frequently costing MORE than B&M. 

Quality and Convenience is unbelievable by many.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 Most online retailers don’t give you a full presentation with models and detailed garment measurements and detailed reviews! That's my reasons! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have purchase many different articles of clothing at the Q (and shoes) over the years and have been happy with all my purchases.   I've also purchased from other retailers as well.  

I keep my eyes open for Lunchtime Specials and other good sales.  I don't have the desire to roam the malls or shop at B & M's as I did years ago.  

I purchased my first Candace Bure top the other day and looking forward to it's arrival.

Valued Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Somewhat true, but it's the convenience we also pay for, no running around/ time and gas spent, to find what you want!  Also, for me, I get overwhelmed when there are tooo many choices- The Q works well for me, at this time- 

I only shop on-line.  I find that most brick and mortar  stores I want to shop at have on-line access and offer free shipping.  Some even offer their version of easy-pay.

Honored Contributor

Beg to differ @kaydee50 

I comparison shop and often find QVC to be the best price.

I shop LTS, ODO, OTO and get sales all the time.

I get cosmetic kits here at MUCH better values than buying separately at Ulta.

I shop Free Shipping days.

The best price and value are NOT always elsewhere.

Do NOT assume everything is overpriced at QVC because it is not.

I recently purchased Orgreenic pans cheapest here, lower by $10 to almightly Amz and also Walmart.

I bought 4 toys for the grands last Christmas...ALL cheaper here than Amz and Wally.

Please don't assume we all shop blindly.

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Somewhat true, but it's the convenience we also pay for, no running around/ time and gas spent, to find what you want!  Also, for me, I get overwhelmed when there are tooo many choices- The Q works well for me, at this time- 

Yes, but remember too....there are many, many convenient online options now too. And free shipping sometimes. And easy free returns with many. And quicker credits issued. All things that also are more convenient.

On that note...I'm still waiting for credit and return confirmation on an item I returned to Q, 2 1/2 wks ago. I also had to follow up with an email to expedite this (no response yet), something I never have to do with Amazon, LOFT, Grace and Lace, and any other online retailer.

Not telling people here not to continue to shop Q if that's what they like, just reminding you that if it's convenience you need there's so many convenient options out there for you!

@amyb 

Did you contact EZ Returns before you sent anything back?

qvceasyreturns@qvc.com

I get a response in 3 days or so...and my credit immediately issued.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife   I understand what you're saying and I do check LTS just about every day.  I only shop for fashion and it rarely has my size.

As for OTO, this show only, etc etc. I rarely watch so obviously miss out on these one time deals.

Other retailers have sales that continue for days if not weeks.  Macy's has "one day only" sales that last 3 days.

So obviously QVC is not one of my "go to" retailers.  Happy to hear that some viewers are very satisfied.  Maybe QVC will last longer than I think!