Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono So good to see you, I'm sorry about your Mom and I hope she is doing ok now. Best wishes for your surgery.

I wish you would stay around here but I understand if you can't. You would contribute so much as you always did.

I work two jobs, neither one involves fashion. I get to dress up for them, has to be professional/conservative. Nothing in my life has changed for the better, unfortunately.

@Greeneyedlady21 

It's good to see you around!

I noticed that you are starting threads, so thank you for keeping discussion alive.

Are you out of schools now too?  I seem to remember you were looking for employment.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

Good to see you back here, @lolakimono    You have been busy, to say the least.  
Nothing much new in fashion, but the big news is that I retired as of last July from my 36 year teaching career. I was on the fence until the principal wanted me to move upstairs to teach a different grade level. I have been on the same classroom for all 36 years and he wants to move me now?! No thanks. I'm so glad I left because I saw the writing on the wall in my building and district. Too much drama.

I am deliriously happy with my decision as I qualified for an early retirement with a pension and free health benefits. Life is good!

I hope you'll continue to come to these boards even occasionally if you can.

Take care of yourself and I hope your mom is doing well.

@Lisa Y 

That is big news and congratulations!

Yes, there are many changes on the horizon in education and none of them are good.  In my teacher edxit groups I see that a LOT of people are being pushed out, with these microagressions or macroagressions so they can bring on cheaper first year teachers, and in some cases, uncertified.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I so loved seeing your daily outfits.  You have been missed and I hope things are much better and even better things coming your way.

@beckyb1012 

I'm afraid that my daily outfits now are underwhelming, but there is freedom in "tabletop dressing", just what shows up at the camera level.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

Hi @lolakimono my goodness you have had your hands full. Wishing you well with your surgery and hope that you have a full recovery.

@GinaV24 

Thank you! Today I'm doing some things that I won't be doing for a while, like vacuuming.  

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

@lolakimono Welcome back!  I hope your surgery goes well and you can get back to doing things you enjoy!  

@FastDogWalker2 

Thank you! We are finally getting spring-like temps, so maybe I'll be able to get outside for a bit and take a walk.  I have a big stack of books to read, some professional and some personal, so I'll definitely work through those.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the update, @lolakimono .  Every once in awhile I will be looking up an old topic or thread and I will see some of your posts and smile.

It sounds as if your life has been, well.....life and I get why you haven't been posting here.  Woman Happy

Hope to see some of your fun contributions soon!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thanks for the update, @lolakimono .  Every once in awhile I will be looking up an old topic or thread and I will see some of your posts and smile.

It sounds as if your life has been, well.....life and I get why you haven't been posting here.  Woman Happy

Hope to see some of your fun contributions soon!

@tends2dogs 

Yes, life! It's been busy for sure but at least I'm not spending my "free" time grading and planning lessons! It's so nice to shut down the computer at 4 and have my evenings and weekends back. It's the first time in 20 years that my mom and I have lived in the same state, so it's been great getting to spend time with her.  We were supposed to take a girls' trip to Nashville in March of 2020, but that was canceled due to Covid, so we are making up for lost time.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono So good to see you, I'm sorry about your Mom and I hope she is doing ok now. Best wishes for your surgery.

I wish you would stay around here but I understand if you can't. You would contribute so much as you always did.

I work two jobs, neither one involves fashion. I get to dress up for them, has to be professional/conservative. Nothing in my life has changed for the better, unfortunately.

@Greeneyedlady21 

It's good to see you around!

I noticed that you are starting threads, so thank you for keeping discussion alive.

Are you out of schools now too?  I seem to remember you were looking for employment.

My school job was thankfully very brief. I work a front desk job now and I'm an office manager in the other job.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Valued Contributor

Welcome Back!  I have missed your posts.  Always an interesting read.   Sending prayers for both you and your Mom.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono  Adding my name to the long list of well wishers. Do not be a stranger. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.