Valued Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/1/23)...

[ Edited ]

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads. I read them all and especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

Some pics are still reverting to a little green box. I had to right click on the box and load image (sometimes I had to do that twice) OR I had to refresh the page to get all the pics to load properly. I'm trying to work out some kinks, so please bear with me. Please let me know if you experience similar problems. I'm, hoping the problem is just on my end or just on PB. Thanks so much.

#3  I.Want.This.Jacket!!  The whole outfit has my name written all over it...favorite.

#4   This woman asked the question:  Would you wear tweed in spring?  I say yes.  What do you think?

#5  Coachella outfit...although I could never wear this, I love it.  The outfit reminds me of the good ole days...I made several similar skirts

#6  For someone who only last year bought several jackets for their functionality (I previously owned exactly zero), I'm suddenly all about jackets...go figure.  I love this one.

#7(a)  This dress is open weave.  At first, I thought it looked too fall-like because of the colors.  Then, I remembered that I don't follow the fashion industry's color rules.  And, evidently, neither does she.  Love the accessories.  Second favorite.

#7(b)  Here it is in white.

#12  She made this.

#13  Why can't I find transitional sweaters like this?

#14  I want to thank her for not ruining this pretty suit with trainers (I love sneaks, but hate trainers).

#15   Ralph...linen blend IIRC...Love!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and stylish week!
~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/1/23)...

The blue print dress , number 11, is so pretty and classic.  I also love the design and colors of the sweater , number 13, it looks like a painting!  The jackets are appealing.  I was always a coat lover and wore coats for a long time. Then I started to get into jackets, winter and everyday wear. Numbers 2, 7b and 10 are stand outs for me.I also like the number 9 top, very pretty.  All in all a great fashion show!!!!

Respected Contributor

Love the white jacket trimmed in black in #1. I know blazers are supposed to work with casual looks but this seems too dressy for the faded jeans. 

The quilted jacket in #6 is very pretty and I love the blue bag but don't care at all for the green pants or the tight, straight leg which really distract from the look.

The open weave dresses in #7 are a bit too much but like the olive jacket and the striped blazer.

Love #9, the blue silk blouse and white wide leg pants are just my style. I would change out the shoes for white or navy.

The royal blue color in the dress in #11 is so pretty. Great shoes and bag and dangling earrings. 

#14 the light blue pantsuit is my favorite. Beautiful color and looks comfortable. The bag is perfect. Yes, I would like to see a slightly dressier shoe!

Thank you MacDuFF, so much find to view your finds!

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF thank you!  #1 such a classic!  Light jeans are not my best fashion item so I would wear black slacks/skirt. #2 ooh....I love a great blazer with those gold buttons!

yes to tweed! I so enjoy a nice tweed jacket. And #12! You go girl! Number 14 is super cute! I adore her hair.

thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

Love the jackets in #'s 2, 5, & 6!

Honored Contributor

#13 --- Ohhh, I just love this sweater so, so much!  I just love this kind of thing.  I never see anything like this either.  Of course, if I did find it, it would probably be so expensive that I couldn't afford it!  If I owned it, I would wear the heck out of it!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDuFF 

#3  -- jacket love!

#2  -- double breasted blazer ... have one so very similar.

#15 - Already own the sweater and pants, being the RL 

fan that I am ... also have the matching pin stripe

blazer -- LOVE!

#10 - am going to replicate this outfit with a deep pink jean

jacket and blue/white stripe T; and fushia loafers by 

IM.

Honored Contributor

I got the little green box on a few of the pics. The ones that came through that I liked are #2.  The whole look is perfection.  The fit on the jacket is spot on. 

Yes to a tweed jacket in the spring or summer.  I love this whole look.  Joan Rivers has a tweed jacket that I keep eyeing, but haven't jumped on it yet.

It is funny, we are both close to the same age and I never made a skirt out of jeans.  The only alteration I did to jeans was to cut them off and roll them up ala Daisy Duke style. HA!

The look in #9 is another winner.  Everything fits perfectly.  

The lady in #12 sure has a gift.  She has mastered her craft.  Alas, I can thread a needle and sew on a button, mend a seam, minor repairs.  Stitch Witchery is my true friend.  Woman LOL

The sweater in #13 looks like it came from the line Gabriella T that used to be on the Q years ago.  I owned several.  They were 100% cotton.  After a while they became stiff and I had to kiss them good bye.

The blue pantsuit in #14 looks like a Susan Graver.  It looks like a uniform.  The fit is good and so is her hair!

Thanks for this weeks edition.  I really enjoyed it. Have a great week!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

The best outfit of all. 

I'd buy this sweater today if it was still being sold.  Have pants like this and a similar belt.  

Honored Contributor

Love the navy blouse with the full length white trouser in #9. I'd wear my sand colored wedge espadrilles or my navy wedge sandals. 

Love a good striped top with jeans like in #10. I don't own any pink jackets or shoes. I'd wear my red jacket and navy flats.

Love the olive shirt dress in #12. I had something similar years ago. I wore mine often and was sad when I had to finally get rid of it. 

I would like #2 better if the gold buttons were smaller. I could never wear those strappy high sandals. 

I like the RL striped sweater in #15. The gold and black are great together, but it looks a bit dark and heavy for Spring even though it's linen.