Contributor

There have been only a few times when I posted on the Community Forums and one time that I particularly remember was when I was preparing for my first trip to Paris 3 years ago. So many posters were so kind - offering "what to wear" advice that was immensely helpful to me. I was so grateful.

Every now and then I scan the fashion posts and I am so discouraged by the biting criticisms that seem to be somewhat the norm. I have enjoyed fashion day - have rejected some styles and have loved others - just like I do when I am shopping in the brick and mortar stores. Different strokes for different folks, right? Everyone is entitled to their own fashion sense and their opinion and I respect differences. I just don't understand what happened to the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all". Miss the old days before technology allowed folks to hide behind an anonymous name and say any critical biting offensive comment they wish.

I cannot understand all the negative threads here. Life is too short to focus on negativity. Live and let live. Breathe. Enjoy life. It passes by way too fast.

Thanks to all of the wonderful women who helped me 3 years ago. Yours was a positive influence.

By the way, my name is Marilyn.