Valued Contributor

Re: Fall Line Up

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Just foward a list of what YOU want all the women in the world to wear....and we'll get back to you. 

Another pleasant post from this poster.  Feel sorry for her.

Honored Contributor

I think that tunic tops make women look larger especially if you are a size 12/14 and up.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

You misunderstand. I am saying that almost everything seems to be tunic length or "boyfriend". There is not enough variety. 

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately I do not sew and cannot afford to pay someone. But I've thought how nice that would be!

Respected Contributor

@Whosits I'm right there with you.   Besides, I'm not inclined to pay big $$$$'s for a top then have to pay to have it altered.  Not always,  but sometimes if you have to cut off the length of a pant or top, it ruins the look of the garment.  JMO. 

My mother could make her own patterns and whip up a beautiful dress, jacket, skirt, slacks, or a blouse in no time.  I can't thread a needle to sew on buttons. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@Whosits I'm right there with you.   Besides, I'm not inclined to pay big $$$$'s for a top then have to pay to have it altered.  Not always,  but sometimes if you have to cut off the length of a pant or top, it ruins the look of the garment.  JMO. 

My mother could make her own patterns and whip up a beautiful dress, jacket, skirt, slacks, or a blouse in no time.  I can't thread a needle to sew on buttons. 

Agree with both of you.  I can and love to sew but lack the time and space.  My sewing machine sits at the bottom of my closet...

Honored Contributor

@Whosits 

I’m sure all the tunics they are selling are meant to be worn with all the tight stretchy pants they are selling. Not my style but obviously lots of women like the look because they seem to sell lots of these 2 items. 

Trusted Contributor

When Qvc finds a trend that sells they continue to carry it “for years” after the trend is out.  I do most of my apparel shopping at Nordstrom, Talbots & JCrew.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Line Up

[ Edited ]

HATE tunics!  They are too long.  QVC is worse then mall stores with their lengths.  They think every woman under the sun has to cover the hips, the bum, etc.  They average 27:-30" long (some of them) Well some women don't and I don't need to. I like 23-24" long tops or even shorter.  One reason I buy online from stores other then QVC. I like to do semi tucks and full tucks instead of have the top hanging  on me.  I put Q's tunics up with their pull on pants.  I just don't!

Respected Contributor

Calcgirl said it brilliantly: I agree with her 100 percent.