Honored Contributor

All of the hosts do that with fashion, not just D&Co..  I just ignore it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@nascarfan 

It works both ways!

I have some "old" SG tank dresses that I wear as nightgowns!  

--------------------------------------

@nascarfan wrote:

I'm an adult and was taught by my parents how to dress for various events. Not everyone was given the same sound advice as my parents gave to me. I believe this is why QVC feels the need to fill this void. 

I remember during the holidays when QVC became the "pajama channel" and everyone wore pajamas 24/7. Hosts frequently told viewers the pajamas they were selling could be worn to the gym or to the supermarket. People listened!! Now I see men and women wearing pajamas as street clothes. Wow! The power of this media. 

Respected Contributor

I have a feeling QVC encourages them to suggest different places to wear these clothes. Some of the hosts probably suggest places where they would go themselves.

Honored Contributor

You know, sometimes (when I used to watch) it would remind me of what I had where I had recently looked for something to wear.  

Tired of that old church dress, might be fun to wear this summer, yes that would be great on vacation.  Guess I'm just too simple minded. But then again, I'm not a big fashion person, so yeah, it helps sometimes.  

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Carolina925 wrote:

Talking to hear themselves talk. This has always bothered me a little, I'm a grown woman and don't need to know where someone in an area that I don't live in would wear something. There are so many other things they can share with us about the item but it always seems they want to hide specifics.

I am sure this is a part of the sales spiel that Q dictates the hosts use, however is this working for them?

It might work on some, but to me it's a turn off.   When I turn the channel and don't watch, then I'm definitely not shopping and spending money with them.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Something they should mention / show .... side seams on prints, stripes and plaids, and models' hands not in the pockets.

If you've noticed, models usually have their arms firmly by their sides and/or their hands in the pockets.

It's a dead give-away* that the pockets bulge and the prints, stripes or plaids to not match.

-------------------------------

*   something that shows (the truth about something) clearly

======================================================

@haddon9 wrote:

I agree...I don't mind a few suggestions but to go on and on is ridiculous!  They need to focus more on size, fit, color and fabric.