Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Enough already with shirts sticking out the bottom of other shirts.

On 1/16/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/16/2015 MJ 12 said:
On 1/16/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/16/2015 brii said:

Tucking looks dated, IMO

I have a friend who tucks everything. I always cringe when she comes in with a sweater tucked into jeans.

Friends don't let friends tuck in anything. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

ITA Briii - tucking is dated.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I don't know what to say to her.

My sister tucked a thin sweater in her jeans once and as soon as I saw it I told her she needed to untuck her sweater. No one tucks anymore. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Actually Ralph Lauren had all these things in his Spring 2015 runway show on you tube!

I will wear a cami (not the underwear type, the heavier weight) under a sweater, but it's the same color as my slacks and it's for warmth.

Honored Contributor

As someone said, there isn't any more the sheer terror of finding two tops of exactly the right length that we used to have. I would stand and pull top after top sometimes trying to get two of them exactly the right length. Sweaters over shirts was THE worst! Now I don't have to worry! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

I've never cared for the look of a longer top under a shorter top/jacket/cardigan. To me it looks sloppy. Also on people that are a bit heavier, it only emphasizes the widest part of the body. Very unflattering on hosts like Carolyn and Leah when they do that.

Yes, like most trends , this only looks good on very thin , tall model types and falls short when women with much less perfect figures do it.

And as for the Logo layering thing - that looks awful even on the models.

Trusted Contributor

It looks terrible.But then anything goes today.

Valued Contributor

I am not a tucker and too confining feeling for me. I have a short waist, bigger chest and smaller everywhere else but does not look good on me. I like the longer shirt on me with a few of the things I wear. Not everything but it has actually helped balance me out in certain outfits. I try things on both ways and get second opinions from daughter and husband. They tell it like it is and if they don't like they tell me and why.

Skinny Tees are not for me. Too tight looking and on the models it showed as being tight. Just not something I need in my wardrobe and don't care for the tight look and I don't do leggings either but I have done a skinny jean with boots but just don't care for skin tight. Never been a fan.

Some things are just not meant to be for everyone no matter how hard they tell you they are.

Valued Contributor

Same fight goes on with panty hose or not to panty hose. To each their own but it is fun to hear why people oppose something. Doesn't mean we have to do it.

I have been know to try something that I didn't think I would like and did like. I did try something everyone else raved about but for me it was ok but could live without. I did try and I try to be open minded. I sometimes go shopping get something and try it on and say wow this does fit good and looks nice.

I heard about toeless panty hose here and bought some and even my daughter couldn't tell and said to me one day mom your legs sure do look nice in that dress such a nice tan to your legs. I got them sheer and matched me well.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/16/2015 taja123 said:
On 1/16/2015 house_cat said:
On 1/16/2015 twopeas said:

I actually like the look; however, it's your right to dress how you feel comfortable.

I know. I'm not questioning anyone's "right" to dress how they want. I think it looks sloppy and silly and if big-butt women like me think they're fooling anyone by having a tight, stretchy tank hugging them, they're mistaken.

The outfits that Jayne and the skinny-tee vendor are wearing this morning look like something you'd wear when you're home, sick with the flu.

I agree, house cat. Both Jayne and Pat were thrilled with the look. Jayne especially was in love with her look. Both looked like unmade beds. You can really make some women believe anything.

Maybe they were "thrilled"........or maybe they were just "selling" to earn their keep. TV sales hosts have to be "thrllled" about a lot of things that aren't really all that thrilling -- enough to convince thousands of women to buy whatever it is they're selling! And sometimes they have to do it while they're modeling items that (as you say) make them look "like unmade beds". {#emotions_dlg.laugh} A special gift.

Honored Contributor

I wear my casual clothes like that all of the time.

I can't stand to have my blouse or shirt tucked in. I will wear a nice sweat shirt with a white bouse under it. Collar out, sleeves rolled over the sweat shirt. The bottome of the shirt will be sticking out a little from the blouse.

I like the look (incidentally, I'm 68 years old. I'm not trying to look 'cool', I just like the look and I like not feeling like a stuffed sausage with the blouse tucked in.

It just works for me. The trouble I have is that now so many shirts and t-shirts, etc. is soooo long. Everything is so long. Don't even get me started on those stupid sleeves! Every year the sleeves of clohes sold on QVC keep getting longer and longer.

What's up with that?

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't tucked in years. Even if it came back in style I wouldn't tuck. In my opinion it isn't a look a lot of women can pull off.

Same goes with panty hose. I haven't worn them in years, just tights, which I love, in the winter.

Trusted Contributor

I never tuck in my shirts. Even when I wear a button down the front. To me, tucked in looks dated. I like layering with a peek of shirt out under the other, especially a fun color. I like tanks with lace trim too.