Trusted Contributor

Can someone tell me how to embellish jeans with rhinestones?  I am not a crafter. so please be kind.

My grandaughter asked me to give her a pair of jeans for Christmas with rhinestones.  She made a sketch of how she wanted them done.  I can't locate them anywhere so I thought I would try doing it myself.  If you knew my granddaughter, you would undrestand why this would be more meaningful for her.  She is a doll, 27 years old.

Honored Contributor

Re: Embellished Jeans Question

@Calcgirl I don't know how to do that, I would think maybe some craft store has a device that would help you do that. But I just wanted to say I think you are the most thoughtful grandmother. That's so nice that you want to make those for her. All my grandparents are deceased, but if I had something like that from one of them I'd cherish it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Take the sketch to you local Joannes or any craft store and they will lead you in the right direction. Best thing would be to have her try on the jeans before you do anything

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Try Youtube.  When I don't know how to do something, that is my go to.  Someone always has a video of what I'm looking for.

I learned how to reset the tire pressure monitoring system on my car, how to pick a lock (don't ask) and my DH has learned how to fix a ton of stuff by watching videos on Youtube.

Respected Contributor

@Calcgirl  Before you begin, check out the DG2 jeans on HSN.  Diane Gilman has quite a few selections of embellished jeans available online (all kinds of embellishments, including rhinestones).

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I have a device called (I think) a bedazzler.  You buy the stones with the settings, insert them in the device. It's sort of like a stapler ... put the fabric between the stone and setting and press.

This type of device has been around since I was a kid.  I've had my current one for about 20 years.

Honored Contributor

If you are not a crafter and have no experience whatsoever in something like this, I don't think you'll be able to do something that will be appropriate for a 27 year old woman.  I'd go into one of the craft stores ask the staff if they know of anyone who embellishes jeans.  There are women and girls who do that and they do amazing jobs.  They do it because they love it and they make some money too.  

Honored Contributor

I think if you practice a little beforehand there is no reason you can't do it yourself.Get some advice from the craft store,watch utube or check Pinterest...al of the experts were beginners.