Honored Contributor

Re: E News Announced Lisa's Departure from QVC

On 10/13/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 10/13/2014 winamac1 said:
On 10/12/2014 autumnfaire said:

We forget that QVC is a job, people leave jobs everyday. I will miss her and wish her well.

I wish her well too. BUT...people don't leave jobs "everyday" paying over 500K. She's in the top echelon of earners in the U.S. IMO..she "has" to have a great gig lined up or she'd never be leaving QVC as a host.

People don't walk away from that kind of money at that age without very good reason unless they've semi "lost their mind". Which...I don't think is the situation with Lisa R.Wink

I think her announcement has to do with the recent shake-up at the Q. I think she would have otherwise been perfectly happy to maintain her diva status until she was ready to retire. More than anyone who has left expecting better things, LR knows that outside of the home shopping world, she doesn't really hold any credibility.

HI Faerie. WE can "agree to disagree"Wink I don't think the recent shake up made her leave. It just may have made it "easier" to say yes to another opportunity.Smile

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/12/2014 RACALAMB2 said:

Just my two cents- I think she is getting her own show! Style,fashion,make-up,decor,fitness,cooking,etc. I think this because- she was on Anderson Cooper, Bethany,Project Runway and she tried out for Regis!

They saw her and someone snagged her up. She is the "whole package" and has a great following! (Opened a new facebook account) She seems very happy now! But only time will tell.......

She is the "whole package "?.......{#emotions_dlg.lol}Think not!

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 faeriemoon said:
On 10/12/2014 autumnfaire said:

We forget that QVC is a job, people leave jobs everyday. I will miss her and wish her well.

I wish her well too. BUT...people don't leave jobs "everyday" paying over 500K. She's in the top echelon of earners in the U.S. IMO..she "has" to have a great gig lined up or she'd never be leaving QVC as a host.

People don't walk away from that kind of money at that age without very good reason unless they've semi "lost their mind". Which...I don't think is the situation with Lisa R.Wink

I think her announcement has to do with the recent shake-up at the Q. I think she would have otherwise been perfectly happy to maintain her diva status until she was ready to retire. More than anyone who has left expecting better things, LR knows that outside of the home shopping world, she doesn't really hold any credibility.

HI Faerie. WE can "agree to disagree"Wink I don't think the recent shake up made her leave. It just may have made it "easier" to say yes to another opportunity.Smile

You may be right, Win. I wonder if we'll ever know.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Super Contributor

I think Shop Hq has been changing too. Lisa is worthy to host.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 BOYINTX said:

I think Shop Hq has been changing too. Lisa is worthy to host.

She would have to move to Minnesota.

Honored Contributor

I could see her doing interviews on the red carpet...she's had years of impromptu conversation & is comfortable in front of the camera, but....wow...unless she had the E! logo on her head, no one would,know who she is! And a major...HUGE major...makeover.

Respected Contributor

I read an article that the new owners of Shop HQ may want to be closer to NYC, and may be looking to move their headquarters to New Jersey. They feel that Minnesota is no man's land with the cold weather, etc. and that the Metropolitan NY area would give them better access to fashion, etc. in New York City.

When Lisa made her announcement, I immediately thought of the Joan Rivers collection simply because she was close to Joan and Melissa and also, David Dangle cannot be everywhere. Did Joan sell at QVC UK or Germany? If so, someone has to be hired to travel to these locations sometimes as David simply cannot do it all! Lisa may be going in a completely different career direction, but I know I will miss her and wish her great success in all her future endeavors. I am so sad since Joan's death and now upset that Lisa will be leaving! Change is very hard for me.

Super Contributor

On 10/12/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 10/12/2014 culebra said:

QVC is in 100 million households. Kathy Griffin is the new face of FAshion Police. She will be taking Joan's place. It remains to be seen if Kelly Osborne, George and Giuliana Rancic continue. Giuliana must be exhausted. She is the face of E Entainment and lives in Chicago.

Kathy Griffin would be perfect for that show and to replace Joan. They both have an off putting sarcasm and have never been known as fashion icons.

Kathy Griffin WRONG choice for Fashion Police.....she's crass and no fashion sense, plus no respect in the fashion field ....I just don't see anyone taking Joan's place on that show........she was totally unique.....

Respected Contributor

I wish Lisa nothing but happiness. She deserves it.

Valued Contributor

Well, by E News picking up this story proves that Lisa is not small town USA! I am SURE the Lisa haters are just fuming over her being reconized! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}