Honored Contributor

Re: E News Announced Lisa's Departure from QVC

On 10/13/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 10/12/2014 ibb38 said:

Must be a slow news over at E! to report this! At least it didn't make the 'news' until a few days after her announcement.

I thought the same thing. In fact, I wondered why on earth this is considered a news item for E at all? I mean, she's a saleswoman, just like thousands of other people, except she's on a shopping network. People come and people go, and no one feels the need to announce it on E news. Ridiculous.

I'm guessing someone paid E! to make this announcement or got ahold of them and told them to make the announcement.

Just like I think there was an agreement with QVC to get Lisa on certain shows like Bethenny, Kris Jenner, etc. and QVC paid to have GILI items in Redbook Magazine.

Valued Contributor

I wonder if Lisa is going to be on the red carpet at award shows?? I'm happy for her cause opportunities are not always available.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/13/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 10/13/2014 RainCityGirl said:
On 10/12/2014 ibb38 said:

Must be a slow news over at E! to report this! At least it didn't make the 'news' until a few days after her announcement.

I thought the same thing. In fact, I wondered why on earth this is considered a news item for E at all? I mean, she's a saleswoman, just like thousands of other people, except she's on a shopping network. People come and people go, and no one feels the need to announce it on E news. Ridiculous.

I'm guessing someone paid E! to make this announcement or got ahold of them and told them to make the announcement.

Just like I think there was an agreement with QVC to get Lisa on certain shows like Bethenny, Kris Jenner, etc. and QVC paid to have GILI items in Redbook Magazine.

A few years ago, there was a few posts about QVC working with an agent (I'm sure im misquoting); I think that was when they started the Jennifer Hudson line and maybe Belle Gray - it was to benefit all parties. Anyways, I believe you are correct and that the Bethany and Project Runway connections grew from that. Although she is "only" a salesperson, the celebrity-host is how the shopping networks differentiate themselves from all the faceless online shops competing for the same sales.
Super Contributor

just give us quality. Heck put John Wayne's name on it..QUALITY

Super Contributor

e new's is not my fav anyway. It has kardashian all over it.

Honored Contributor

On 10/13/2014 Sue in Houston said:
On 10/12/2014 jaxs mom said:
On 10/12/2014 culebra said:

QVC is in 100 million households. Kathy Griffin is the new face of FAshion Police. She will be taking Joan's place. It remains to be seen if Kelly Osborne, George and Giuliana Rancic continue. Giuliana must be exhausted. She is the face of E Entainment and lives in Chicago.

Kathy Griffin would be perfect for that show and to replace Joan. They both have an off putting sarcasm and have never been known as fashion icons.

Kathy Griffin WRONG choice for Fashion Police.....she's crass and no fashion sense, plus no respect in the fashion field ....I just don't see anyone taking Joan's place on that show........she was totally unique.....

I think she'd be hilarious on Fashion Police. Lisa R. doesn't have any more "fashion sense" than Kathy G. does. let's just call it as it is. And the Osbourne girl doesn't either. It's about "comedy" for the most part. Joan knew how to dress, but except for Joan and Guiliana--none of the other women have certainly not been the pillar of style.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Much ado about nothing.