Super Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Plaid Pants said:

It all comes down to, does one want to buy cheap, or does one want to buy quality.

Sure, one can find clothes in the dollar bin at the local Mart, but it won't be good quality.

If one wants good quality, one is going to pay more for that.

If one knows how to comparison shop, one can find excellent quality clothing on sale for oneself. One should understand that an expensive garment does not imply quality nor does an inexpensive garment equate poor quality.

One should understand that when one shops at QVC the price of the garment is often not proportionate to the quality of the garment one is looking at.

Oooops. Did I overuse "one" in my post? Sigh. One should know better. My bad.

Super Contributor
Super Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Crisso said:

I doubt a person can find much in fashion at retail for under $30, other than for some sort of accessory.

I buy tons of clothes at the Gap, Old Navy, Ann Taylor Loft and even occasionally the Urban Outfitters sales rack for under $30 lol!!! It's amazing what you can find at end-of-season sales too!!!
Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2015 Plaid Pants said:

It all comes down to, does one want to buy cheap, or does one want to buy quality.

Sure, one can find clothes in the dollar bin at the local Mart, but it won't be good quality.

If one wants good quality, one is going to pay more for that.

Not necessarily so, if you know how to shop! Sales and clearance events are key. This winter I am wearing a very nice $200 red wool coat that I purchased last year from Land's End at an end-of-season clearance sale for $50 with free shipping. I am sitting at my computer wearing a necklace that I bought on clearance from Coldwater Creek for less than half price. My Kenneth Cole cuff was on sale at Amazon for a fraction of its original price. These Easy Spirit shoes were about $45, I think, on sale. Many department stores and online sellers have great sales and clearance events where you can buy quality labels at greatly reduced prices, both in stores and online. Dillard's, Macy's, JC Penney, Nordstrom's.....they all have quality merchandise and great sales. I wait for 'em. QVC rarely has discounts that compete, or the free shipping offered by many online sellers.

I've also snagged Eileen Fisher, Jones New York, Chaus, Liz Claiborne, and other quality garments at Goodwill and other thrift stores.......some new with tags still attached! The deals are there for anyone who is willing to look for them! For me, shopping is an adventure, and I have more fun than is legal, almost.

Honored Contributor
I agree...No one is restricted to shop on QVC if they don't or can't go to malls, etc. The stores at the mall have online sites and sometimes the prices and selection are,better than in the store. Check other websites and you can do much better for quality and price. Right now I am loving Belk.....beautiful tops and shoes .....
Respected Contributor
I manage to shop o.k. On QVC - I do return things but there are some of us - like me - who live 200+ miles round trip,from the nearest mall - so for me I am grateful to be able to shop at home. When we do go to town and I check out The mall stores they al seem to be geared more toward the younger generation - and prices aren't that different to Q. So for me QVC is working very well.
Valued Contributor

You might find good sales and clearance in the stores but you are very lucky after doing a lot of shopping to find your SIZE or something that fits well in the stores without going to a dressing room to try it on. Plus how many people have tried on the clothes in the stores before you have and how many times do you find the pieces that coordinate. I am happier shopping from my computer at home knowing my size is available and there are usually several colors to choose from and that I kind find a whole outfit that matches to the other pieces. I like shopping from home better than walking around in a mall browsing and wasting my time. Comparison shopping is fine if they have what you are looking or in a store, but most times I walk out without finding anything I want sale or no sale.

There are places I do shop on line. I find my Easy Spirit shoes at Macy's on clearance often and many times those shoes are not stocked in the store. I know what size I wear in those and don't need to try them on before buying them.

Valued Contributor

Over paying is a choice some make for the sake of convenience, I get that, but what bothers me is the new S&H policy. While some might consider this a "gift", I see it for what it is, an excuse for QVC to fatten up their bottom line at the expense of their customers.

I refuse to pay $30 for an item only to find inconsistent sizing which, in turn, results in my having to pay $6.95 + the original $3 S&H to ship back. When S&H amounts to 30% of the cost of the item I say it's time for me to stop shopping.

It's really a shame what happened to QVC over the years...it's just not what it used to be.

Maria

Super Contributor

Ah, if we are talking about sales, then yes, there are most certainly plenty of fashion item choices at retail (and on line) for under $30. I just don't think QVC is the place to shop for this. Even QVC "sales" do not compare with those elsewhere.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Kzeks, YIKES!!! {#emotions_dlg.scared}