Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone else miss gaucho pants?

On 1/18/2014 daisyk said:
On 1/18/2014 cyndog said: Funny you should mention that and pardon me if it's already been said, but Antthony said on HSN that they're all over Paris. I have seen them showing up again then I remembered that oddly enough, they actually used to look good on my figure. Accented small waist, covered full thighs and ended at nice calves. I might buy a pair again, ha, ha.

Hi cyndog, I saw Antthony last night where he talked about the gauchos. This is just an aside, but did you think he seemed really subdued? I know he's calmed down over the years but this visit he seemed so different. I always like Antthony, just wondering if this is something new, I don't watch often.

I think it depends on who he is hosting with. He was joking around with Lyn Murphy. But I was surprised to hear the goucho is back!
Trusted Contributor

On 1/18/2014 Mustangshar said:
On 1/18/2014 daisyk said:
On 1/18/2014 cyndog said: Funny you should mention that and pardon me if it's already been said, but Antthony said on HSN that they're all over Paris. I have seen them showing up again then I remembered that oddly enough, they actually used to look good on my figure. Accented small waist, covered full thighs and ended at nice calves. I might buy a pair again, ha, ha.

Hi cyndog, I saw Antthony last night where he talked about the gauchos. This is just an aside, but did you think he seemed really subdued? I know he's calmed down over the years but this visit he seemed so different. I always like Antthony, just wondering if this is something new, I don't watch often.

I think it depends on who he is hosting with. He was joking around with Lyn Murphy. But I was surprised to hear the goucho is back!

You're probably right Sharon, I didn't know the host he was on with. Remember him with Barbara Marville? He was a hoot then. On topic though, gauchos were never a good look for me, if I do a wider leg, I like a long pant like a palazzo pant.

Honored Contributor

Loved them! So chic and looked good with a vest, sweater, or coat. They look a lot better with boots than a straight knee length skirt!

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the gaucho pants when I was working, but now I don't have much use for them. I am 5'6" & pretty thin so they hung nicely. You could wear them casual for the office & dress them up nicely too.

Respected Contributor

Not the most flattering look on everyone. Glad they didn't come back. I thought capris were sort of a current take on that. Those also look good on a select few. I wore them and I was a school girl. Never again. Especially not now.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the gaucho's that were more like a split A line skirt so when you were standing straight up you couldn't tell they were gaucho's or a skirt. I looked good in the ones that went almost down to my ankle and I wore them w/ boots.

I do not think I would look as good in them now. But there are a lot of clothes that do not look good on me...leggings, skinny jeans, polo shirts, prints, crop pants....yadda yadda.

Cool

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

DH is a man of few words, and I had a suit, years ago, of gaucho pants and a jacket in a very pretty upholstery print that he loved, and always raved about, and I STILL HAVE THEM! Don't know why I've kept them but truthfully, if I had someplace campy to dress for, I'd still wear them!
Regular Contributor

Not for me. I really prefer a skirt with that length and swing. I don't think a heavier suiting or trouser fabric works in this shape.
Super Contributor

Lord no.

Honored Contributor

I had a black pair of knit gauchos and wore them all the time but in hindsight (literally) I think they weren't the best look for me; I am too short for the fullness of the leg...I look better in slim legged pants.....I hope if they are showing up in Paris they stay there! I don't recall them being flattering on many.