Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

This post reminded me of a child I had years ago in school. I asked the children to write the best thing about winter and he wrote "extra pockets" That's all he wrote. It's so true too. Think about it when warmer months come you wonder where you putting stuff and missing the pockets!🤣 But I do agree they do add extra bulk. 

Honored Contributor

@spent2much 

The only place I want pockets is on outerwear - totally useless for me anywhere else. 

Other than the flat pockets on jeans, pockets are removed and and/orsewn closed on all my other pants.  

I don't have any dresses or skirts with pockets.  

I don't mind the decorative floppy patch pockets such as LOGO tops and vests, but SG did some button front shirts with side seam pockets - those were removed. 

The hidden side seam pockets in tops are always removed.  The fabrics are too flimsy to support the pockets - and the tops just don't hang properly.  

Honored Contributor

Pockets on the chest are just rude.  For women, that is.  Who would use them, and why would anyone think they are a good idea.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@spent2much 

The only place I want pockets is on outerwear - totally useless for me anywhere else. 

Other than the flat pockets on jeans, pockets are removed and and/orsewn closed on all my other pants.  

I don't have any dresses or skirts with pockets.  

I don't mind the decorative floppy patch pockets such as LOGO tops and vests, but SG did some button front shirts with side seam pockets - those were removed. 

The hidden side seam pockets in tops are always removed.  The fabrics are too flimsy to support the pockets - and the tops just don't hang properly.  

FINALLY!  Some common sense!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I won't buy bottoms without pockets...

The only exception are a few Women with Control leggings and I wear them with Renee's tops with pockets.

I had ordered a few Kim Gravel/Belle pants that had faux front pockets with pocket bags that were so small one had to keep their hand fisted...drove me nuts! What I couldn't return I gave to Goodwill. Sadly during her presentations rarely is it mentioned if the pockets are normal. If I see the models just holding the edge/top of the pockets, that's my clue and a hard pass for me.

Esteemed Contributor

I like pockets, mainly for Kleenex.  It has come to the rescue many times. 

Esteemed Contributor

No.  I like pockets.  Not on everything I wear, but I do like pockets on my clothes.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Regular Contributor

I work in a financial institution and many areas are off limits to the public.  All employees carry fobs that let us in to those areas.  If I didn't have pockets, I'd be locked out all over the place.  I tried carrying my fob on a bracelet type thing on my wrist but it jingled everytime I moved.  Thank goodness for pockets!

Honored Contributor

I don't like pockets either...in fact, I just cut out the excess of two pockets earlier today.

If pockets are sewn shut, I never open them and if at all possible the excess fabric is cut off.

Esteemed Contributor

I like pockets. I've never had a pocket, except on the chest, that I didn't have something to put in.