Super Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

@ECBG wrote:

I just refust to buy "pork chop" pockets or any pocket that is sewn through the front creating a circle on each hip.  

Why not just paint a stop sign on each hip and be done?

I love pockets, they give me something to put my hands in. But you are right, those type of pockets do look silly. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan of pockets in pants but I love them in dresses that are not form fitting.

On the rare occasion that I wear jeans, the only thing I put in a pocket is a tissue and money. 

I am not tied to my cell phone in the house as we use our landline.  When I go out, I use a wristlet for my phone. I've never put my phone in my pocket.

Honored Contributor

The only place I want pockets is on outerwear.

I sew them closed on knit pants.
Honored Contributor

I wear leggings around the house. I MUST have pockets. Will not purchase without pockets. Love!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Love pockets on pants, shorts, jackets,etc.  They are stylish and practical at the same time.  I also like them on some dresses.  Just a place to put my hands at times.  On a body con dress they are impractical, but give me a dress that has a bit of flow to it and pockets are great!

Esteemed Contributor

Nope, I love pockets, especially in slacks/pants and in warm weather. If what I'm wearing doesn't have pockets in it, then I have to put a vest, jacket, etc. over it so I have a place to keep my keys/security fob, etc.

Super Contributor

I do not like pockets, never use them. For me, they are a waste of fabric.
Honored Contributor

If pants don't have pockets, I don't buy them.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want pockets on everything.  Where else am I going to put my Kleenexes for allergies, keys ect....  I even want pocketS on my p.j.'s.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

... I carry my car and house keys in my pocket, never in my hand bag. Purse snatches are common, and while losing a bit of cash, canceling credits cards... is unpleasant, being locked out of your car in a parking lot and finding your house has been ransacked when you finally get home is far worse. 

I agree, and that's why I always try to wear something with pockets when I venture out these days.

I also stash my cellphone in a pocket, so that I can at least make a call, in case I get "snatched" or lose my purse. Smiley Wink