Respected Contributor

Does anyone else HATE pockets?

To me, all they do is add bulk.  And I don't USE pockets on a skirt or dress.  Is it just me?  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

I like pockets on pants and shorts but not so much on dressses.

Honored Contributor

For myself I want pockets.  I dislike having no pockets.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

For pants, jeans, and my walking leggings, I demand pockets.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@spent2much 

Yes!  And I thought I was the only person on earth that hates pockets!  I never use them and when I have a garment with them I always feel they add bulk and make me look heavier than I am.  If I have to suffer pockets, I will only buy pants with horizontal ones.  Never those vertical ones on the sides.  Those look terrible on me.  

I only want them on coats.  I do keep my gloves in my coat pockets.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

It really depends on what I am doing.... in the yard or on a dog walk, pockets are good for kleenex or the like.... but I do not want pockets for regular clothes other than a coat or such.

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way. I never actually use pockets so I wish they would stop putting them in everything. 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure you're not alone, but I LOVE pockets. Won't buy pants without them and prefer them in skirts and dresses.  An absolulte necessity to me and if the pockets are done right, they should not add "bulk."

Esteemed Contributor

I like back pockets on jeans to stick my phone in but never use front pockets, as it spoils the look in the front.  Don't like them on blouses (like Joan Rivers) or breast pockets, does anyone ever use them? Cargo pants are a big no for me. Dresses, no. These are only my personal preference, and I do understand why. 

Honored Contributor

I do! I never understood the love affair people have with the Insistence of pockets in everything.