Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone else HATE pockets?

@spent2much wrote:

To me, all they do is add bulk.  And I don't USE pockets on a skirt or dress.  Is it just me?  {*_*}

No, but honestly I hate skirts & dresses.

Honored Contributor

Love pockets in pants except for cargo pants.  Shirts not so much. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spent2much 

You're going to hate what I'm wearing today! Cargo shorts!Lol loaded with pockets Woman Wink

I have to have pockets in my pants/shorts and it is nice to have them on a dress but it's not mandatory. I'm not a leggings gal and that's mainly the no pockets (usually) and the pull on styling...

I know there are instances where pockets can add bulk but in general with a proper fit and the right top.....balance goes a long way

Respected Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@spent2much 

Yes!  And I thought I was the only person on earth that hates pockets!  I never use them and when I have a garment with them I always feel they add bulk and make me look heavier than I am.  If I have to suffer pockets, I will only buy pants with horizontal ones.  Never those vertical ones on the sides.  Those look terrible on me.  

I only want them on coats.  I do keep my gloves in my coat pockets.  

Ahhhhhhhhh!  OK, I'm not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Yes, I agree... pockets on coats come in handy.  And *I* thought *I* was the only one who hates pockets.  Somehow I feel better now.  {*_*}

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I like side pockets on pants -- it's a must.  I may have a kleenex and I need to put it somewhere.  Since I am retired I have not worn a dress or skirt in ages but I don't remember ever having pockets on either one.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@spent2much 

You're going to hate what I'm wearing today! Cargo shorts!Lol loaded with pockets Woman Wink

I have to have pockets in my pants/shorts and it is nice to have them on a dress but it's not mandatory. I'm not a leggings gal and that's mainly the no pockets (usually) and the pull on styling...

I know there are instances where pockets can add bulk but in general with a proper fit and the right top.....balance goes a long way

HAHAHAHAHAHA  NO, I don't hate cargo pants.  Isn't that funny?  With cargo pants, at least you can SEE all the pockets.  Anyone who looks at you can SEE clearly that it's not that you're plump but it's the POCKETS that are adding weight.  To me, that makes sense.  I dunno.  LOL

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

I don't mind pockets, but they must lay flat. I like a pocket in jeans & pants for a tissue because my nose seems to need one often. 🥴

I don't mind pockets on blazers, hoodies, and jackets, but again, I prefer a streamlined look. I must have pockets on outerwear coats for my gloves.

I don't like breast pockets on blouses or tops. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess we like what we like for different reasons.

The reason I don't hate pockets is because I think all the bulk comes from carrying a purse or handbag. I need those pockets for an extra vitamin or a mini Mac lipstick.

If you forget to remove the lipstick before washing, there's always Lestoil! (Thanks lolakimono!)

Honored Contributor

I love pockets in pants, jackets, coats, etc. Just not in blouses or any other tops.  (I don't wear dresses or skirts, but if I did, I wouldn't mind the right kind of pocket.)

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@spent2much 

Very hard to find, @Andreatoo, A few years ago when I was looking for cropped leggings for my exercise walking, the only place that I found some with pockets and in my size was Talbots. I'm glad I bought a bunch of them because they discontinued them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland