Occasional Contributor

Re: Do you wear nude shoes with black pants, dresses?

Yes to some dresses, no to pants. I am petite and try to find shoes close to my skin tone that elongate my legs. Where I live, there seem to be a lot of beige patent pumps in differing heel heights to chose from. If the dress is pretty fancy or formal, I'd go with sparkly sandals or pumps. Always wear black booties or shoes and black socks with pants, again to elongate the look.

Good luck and happy shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

I would indeed and have. I think nude shoes look really nice with black, especially in the summer. It lightens things up. In the winter I would probably go with black.

Regular Contributor

Just me...but only black shoes/boots with black pants/skirts.....anything else only with nude/beige/taupe....I only wear neutral colors on the bottom and only have neutral colors for shoes/boots....keep it simple....

Honored Contributor

No, I don't like the look unless the whole outfit is that color. And I wouldn't wear that color, so no shoes, either.

Honored Contributor

I prefer black shoes with black. I don't wear nude shoes. If I did, it would be with light colors.

Honored Contributor

Not usually, but I'm not against it. I just have way more black shoes than nude, so I tend to save the beige and tan ones to wear with pastels and other colors that are harder to match.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I have beautiful pair of nude pumps but I never know what to wear them with. I'd never put them with black pants.

Honored Contributor

I wear black shoes with black pants. I do have a pair of nude colored kitten heels I bought to wear with a light coral dress and an aqua dress because I didn't know what else to put with either. I think the nude shoes look best with pastels which I don't wear.

Trusted Contributor

I wear black shoes with black pants. If I am wearing a black skirt, I wear black shoes if I am wearing black tights/stockings. If I am wearing a black skirt with bare legs, I might wear a nude shoe.

Paws and enjoy life.
Trusted Contributor

No. I think nude shoes with black pants won't look right unless you wear a nude blouse or sweater.