Super Contributor

Re: Do you wear nude shoes with black pants, dresses?

No, I wear black.

Valued Contributor

I haven't really done this but I read in one of those fashion magazines about wearing navy shoes with black during the summer months. Don't really know how common that is.

Respected Contributor

I saw this look yesterday. I was walking behind a woman wearing black slacks and nude shoes and it looked odd to me. I kept thinking - surely everyone owns black shoes, so why didn't she wear the black shoes with the black pants? It chopped up her outfit. I won't be doing that. Black shoes with black pants for me.

Honored Contributor

I've never owned a pair of nude shoes.

Super Contributor

If you are bringing attention to your face with your jewelry or your top, (which I think you should in most cases ) it's totally ok to wear a nude shoe. No one's going to notice it anyway. But if you are wearing a chic black outfit, I love wearing a knee high black boot or ankle hi boot with pants. It looks elegant and makes you look as thin as possible, and to me, that's the whole point of wearing black in the first place. And if you're dressing up for black tie, nude shoe NOT. Never wear a black floor length gown with NUDE. JMO

Contributor

I prefer to wear black shoes with black clothing. I just happen to like This look best. I'm not a fan of nude shoes anyway. But nude would Look best if worn with all of the Spring pastels.
Honored Contributor

In the warmer months I could wear my nude shoes with a black skirt or dress, but I usually end up wearing my black patent cut out pumps or my black peep toe espadrille wedges instead. I would never wear nude shoes with black pants regardless of the season. I think a different colored shoe with black pants draws attention to the feet which is not what I want. I prefer a seamless lengthening look with pants and shoes the same color.

Frequent Contributor

I wear nude shoes, but only w/ lighter colors. I would not wear nude shoes w/ black pants or a black dress. Guess I've never really thought about it.

Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2014 baker said:

I've never owned a pair of nude shoes.

They are SOOO handy because they can be worn with so many things. I also like subtle gold or silver or combo metallic flats, deck shoes or sandals because they go with everything or almost everything and I don't have to think about it!

Frequent Contributor

With a skirt in warmer weather.

With pants? Never.