Respected Contributor

Do you share all your shopping places with friends?

My friends and I are all big time shoppers and fashionistas.  We were born to shop, we talk clothes, makeup, jewelry, accessories all the time and we share share info.  But I have a few sources that I keep to myself.  Anyone else do that?

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you share all your shopping places with friends?

My friends and I don't talk about shopping.  I used to tell them about great sales on all different kinds of products, but they really weren't interested.  We talk interests, aging parents, places we've been or are going to.

Honored Contributor

While shopping isn't usually something talked about, I would see no reason not to share any info on places I shop with them.

Honored Contributor

Not really, unless someone asks where I got something, I am fine with telling them, and vice versa. We talk more about other things.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2

If someone asks me where I bought something, I tell them.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Chrystaltree2   Keep shopping secrets?  Of course not!  They are friends, right?  Be generous in every way.

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2 wrote:

My friends and I are all big time shoppers and fashionistas.  We were born to shop, we talk clothes, makeup, jewelry, accessories all the time and we share share info.  But I have a few sources that I keep to myself.  Anyone else do that?

If I find a good deal I love to share.  I even post here if there is a good deal elsewhere.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

what sort of secret shopping sources do you have?    you dont know us and none of us know where you are!

spill! 

Honored Contributor

No I don't do much shopping with friends anymore. I do most of mine online or by myself at  a few local malls. Fashion and all it's components aren't that important to me anymore. I get a few pieces each year that are in current fashion but don't really care much about every new thing that comes around.

Respected Contributor

I remember those days of shopping with my girlfriends.  We would make the rounds, try on lots of stuff and critique each other's prospective outfits.  That was a long time ago.  Now that my closest friends have big jobs, families, aging parents and travel, we get together for lunch, a long walk or happy hour.  I want to spend that precious time getting caught up. Shopping never seems to come up.  Maybe someday when the obligations aren't so constant.