Respected Contributor

Re: Do you like white sandals?

I love the look of a white sandal, on someone else.

However, I do buy white canvas tennies every year! Love the Ralph Lauren ones, I get more wear out of those! Scotchgaurd works wonders!

Never a white bag. Had one for one summer, and then donated it.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Yes, I like some white sandals. Same as any other color, it depends on the shoe/sandal. They don't really go out of style.

I think they may need to be a bit streamlined or dressy (not bulky in appearance) for me to like them. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I am not a fan of white shoes on me.  I prefer a nude color for summer and I wear it with most colors.

I have both white & nude sandals on my shopping list. I don't currently have either & am picky so we will see it I find either or both! I have cognac colored sandals but they are darker than a true nude.

Respected Contributor

i love white sandals !  and white handbags !  white to me is a neutral just like black and white lightens up a look and makes it fresh . i guess im just an OOB person . no rules .

i dislike black shoes in summer - i do wear black sandals later in the season transitioning to early fall.

love the top look: bangin style - love the crops-  (where is this sold?)

the second outfit is so cool and fresh for summer . the sandals are great

Love these drawstring pants.:

Julie Sariñana of Sincerely Jules wears a white flowy blouse, utility shorts, a neckerchief, strappy white sandals, aviator sunglasses, and a straw fedora:

Honored Contributor

No.  I have never cared for white shoes or any white accessories at all.  A white handbag is probably my least favorite accessory though.

White looks barbieish to me.

Respected Contributor

There are lots of white sandals out there right now, including sandals with white, somewhat athletic-looking soles. I don't mind some, don't like others at all. I do not own any white sandals, but I do have a pair of white eyelet Keds slip-on sneakers (style "Crashback"). I am, however, careful not to wear them with white jeans, as they look a bit too "health care professional" to me that way. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Growing up new white sandals were always part of our summer wardrobe. 

I do not think I've purchased a new pair of white sandals in at least 10 years.  I  have a pair of Bernardo sandals I wear occasionally with white pants.  Now I tend to go with with metallic sandals.

Miami

Trusted Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

i love white sandals !  and white handbags !  white to me is a neutral just like black and white lightens up a look and makes it fresh . i guess im just an OOB person . no rules .

i dislike black shoes in summer - i do wear black sandals later in the season transitioning to early fall.

love the top look: bangin style - love the crops-  (where is this sold?)

the second outfit is so cool and fresh for summer . the sandals are great

Love these drawstring pants.:

Julie Sariñana of Sincerely Jules wears a white flowy blouse, utility shorts, a neckerchief, strappy white sandals, aviator sunglasses, and a straw fedora:

I was never a fan of white footwear, but I absolutely love that cropped white top in the photo! I want one!

Respected Contributor

funny you should ask.  just yesterday i commented that i have never owned a pair of white sandals.  i think they look ok on others, but for some reason, i have a huge aversion to wearing them myself.  

Honored Contributor

White sandals eh. Brings to mind years ago when my oldest brother was married (she didn't last long) and I had asked her to to be a bridesmaid in my July wedding. She declined and gave the excuse that "she doesn't wear white sandals" (that's what I wanted my girls to wear for my middle of Summer wedding). Geesh.

"Pure Michigan"