Trusted Contributor

Just curious. I need a dressier sandal for summer to wear with dresses I believe that white or bone would be the most versatile (and I don't have that color) are white sandals still in style? 

Contributor

Re: Do you like white sandals?

I like white sandals, however I feel that the color white is more sporty than dressy. Of course, it also depends what style shoe and how dressy the outfit is. It's really more up to you to decide what goes with your dress. If the sandal has a spike heal it is more dressy, than a wedge for instance. You might want to consider a silver or gold sandal. That is considered a neutral color instead of white. Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

I honestly don' know if they are in style or not, but I do know that I don't care for them,at least on me.I can't carry a white bag either, I think I got this from my mom, but I just don' like white accessories.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I really like white sandals.  When I see a lady wearing a pretty summer dress and she has on dark sandals it ruins the look for me.  But, it depends on the outfit.

Trusted Contributor

Maybe silver or gold would be more neutral. I need comfort shoes not spikes though. I have a lot of sandals, but they are pretty casual maybe a metallic would dress them up a bit instead of white?

PS--Who can afford to have a shoe that matches every outfit! We have to compromise.

Respected Contributor

I love white and bone sandals.  They are classics and never go out of style.  I never buy them because they get dirty so easily, but if it's just for occasional use that wouldn't be an issue.  You could consider a patent leather shoe because I think that's easier to clean and slower to get dirty.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of white shoes on me.  I prefer a nude color for summer and I wear it with most colors.

Honored Contributor

We still wear white sandals here in Florida but I prefer nude.

Trusted Contributor

I think I once owned a white pair but they were just a casual thong with little leather.  Lots of white leather seems tacky to me for some reason.  No white shoes or bags either.  I much prefer nude or metallics.

Valued Contributor

Personally, I love the look of a white sandal and own a couple of pairs.