Honored Contributor

Re: Do you like clothing that is heavily embellished?

It depends.  I do like some embellishment but I don't want it overdone unless it's something I buy for a special occasion. 

Respected Contributor

For a professional office setting I don't.   But for casual weekend wear, or even casual Fridays I don't mind it.  I prefer more subtle, but I love when other people go all out.  Life is short - have fun and wear the bling!

Respected Contributor

No. I let my jewelry be my embelishment.

Honored Contributor

No, a little touch is what I like. Nothing splashy. A bit of lace or bead trim is nice. I'm not really a rhinestone and sequins kind of gal.

The thing I have with the most embellishment is a black jersey vest with black sequins on the pockets. I have had it for several months and have not worn it yet. I'm sure I will one of these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one pair of the Dream Jeannes with the rhinestone zipper at the bottom. And I bought a cotton t-shirt from Susan Graver, yes, actually cotton, with sequins on the front of it. Wear the jeans many times. I've worn the t-shirt twice and don't like it at all on me.

I think Angel and some of the models look cute with lots of bling. Just not for me. 

Respected Contributor

Not at all.  I don't even wear much jewelry.  If I do, it's very delicate or understated.  I don't even care for bright colors, preferring muted colors or neutrals.  I recently bought a top I really liked and painstakingly picked off every dang sequin at the neckline.  Basically, I don't like flashing like a neon sign that says "Look at me!" 

Honored Contributor

In general 'no' but I actually like the couple of tops I have where the necklines are set with pave'd like beads or stones. like the shirt below...

716-949- Kate & Mallory® Sleeveless Beaded Knit Chiffon Overlay Layered Top

Esteemed Contributor

No it is just not something I do.  Actually I think it is because they present washing difficulities.

Honored Contributor

No, it doesn't fit with my style.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cannot stand any kind of embellishment. It just cheapens the look. QuackerFactory comes to mind.