Honored Contributor

Re: Do you hang on to shoes that you haven't worn in years?

i do hang onto shoes, but i do try my best to weed them out every so often.

sometimes my daughter will take them because we wear the same size. sometimes i will donate them to whichever charity is picking up, sometimes i give them away in buy nothing local groups, and sometimes i sell them in local groups for porch pickup.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doesn't matter how old they are, if they can pass as still in style, look new, I keep them and yes, I do pull some out to wear that are over 20 years old. 

Honored Contributor

It is difficult for me to find shoes that fit and don't hurt my feet.

I wear a size 6, and have a high arch and high instep along with a hanglund deformity on my heels.

Most of the shoes I buy hurt and I donate them still in the box and I have sold a few pairs on e-bay.

If shoes fit and don't hurt, I will save them, especially dressy shoes.  I don't wear them often, but I do need them occasionally.

It takes me too long to replace shoes that I can actually wear. It would be stupid to get rid of them.

I only buy classic styles....they never go out of style 

Respected Contributor

I donate them if I haven't worn them in the last couple of years.

Contributor

I still have my first pair of heels that I got in junior high. They looked like Cinderella's shoes.  I'm 80 years old now.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

If you hang on to shoes, do you think one day you'll wear them? 

When it comes to shoes, I'm a minimalist.  I've never been a shoe addict.  If I don't wear them in a few years, I donate.

What about you?

@San Antonio Gal I keep them forever because they are classic and simple dress show styles.  I hate shoe shopping so I don't have to worry if I need a pair.  I just have them in my closet. 

Contributor

Don't laugh, I still have my favorite heels from High School, they were a dark leather with stacked brown heels, maybe 2 to 21/2 inches.  Looked great with the short dresses we wore then.  The are at least 53 years old.  Still look the same.  Of course they don't fit, but they were my favorite shoes.  

Frequent Contributor

One of my many guilty pleasures---- many pairs of wearable shoes and boots. Along with two closets full of outfits. Better than when I was a young single working girl and didn't have many options. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, yes I think I do! Time to do some purging!!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have more shoes than I have places to put them all.    Sometimes I'll go years without wearing a pair, and when I re-discover them, they're my new favorite shoes for the season!  So yes, I hang onto shoes.