Honored Contributor

Re: Do you dress for Valentines Day?

@ScarletDove wrote:

Absolutely not, I dislike red and would never wear it!

@ScarletDove

I’ve noticed your comments about not liking red before, really just being curious, what led to your nick name choice?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

My major client is a florist, so the past 3 days I have been uptown taking photos for social media. Dressed in red leather jacket one day, red tie dye tunic with a handmade craft hearts and flowers necklace yesterday, and black jeans and blue denim jacket with a bright red Swarovski woven heart pinned to the sleeve and red cowboy boots today.

I love to occasion-dress, even though I don’t teach kindergarten. 😍

Honored Contributor

When I worked, I always did.  Heart jewelry and red clothing.  I didn't wear anything red yesterday as I didn't go any where. Today, we are going to go out and eat and I will wear red and some heart jewelry today.  I noticed yesterday one of the news ladies had a lovely red suit on with a heart necklace -- she looked gorgeous! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Regular Contributor

as a matter of fact, I do.  I have a selection of (very old) Quacker shirts, sweaters, tops from the beginning before bedazzling began.  I work in a Children's Hospital and wear these tops once a year on the appropriate holidays.  I just put my red with navy hearts sweater in the wash.  it's heavy cotton knit with high v neck and it's a tunic style.  it has to be 20 years old.  Jeanne sold it to me herself.  those are the quackers I hold onto and love.  more sweaters for Christmas with very detailed knitted characters and houses.  I have all of these from "way back when" the quality was good and only worn during the holiday.  they delight the kids and their families and really my coworkers too.  that is what the holidays are about- kids and families and fun and enjoyment.  miss the quality and detail of back then.

Honored Contributor

I was sick yesterday so we didn't get to go out to dinner like we have been for the past 45 years. Today, though, I am going for testing at the hospital so I am wearing my diamond heart necklace and my red coat from Susan Graver. It is lightweight and easy to wear...

Trusted Contributor

I usually will wear red if I am going out somewhere.   We don't really celebrate it any more at our age but yesterday I had a few errands to run including a short Dr. appointment so I put on a red sweater and a little gold heart on a chain.

Just to show some spirit!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had warm weather yesterday, so I got to wear my new "Love is blind" J Crew tee to dinner.

l'amore e cieco striped boatneck t-shirt - women's knits

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove 

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!  So unique.  I have wondered several times. 

Just out of caution, you might want to delete your answer due to the personal info.

Best wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@ScarletDove 

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!  So unique.  I have wondered several times. 

Just out of caution, you might want to delete your answer due to the personal info.

Best wishes.

@Drythe  Thanks much and best wishes to you.....done...deleted!

Contributor

Oh!  Feel better soon!