Esteemed Contributor

Do You Remember Victor Costa?

In going through my post retirement clothes I found 2 Victor Costa dresses. One navy and 1 black.  Matte jersey, I think, knee length and sleeveless. Just a basic dress but I wore them either with a blazer, sweater or a dressy jacket as I don't like my arms. They never, ever wrinkled. washed inside out in cold water andhung over a wooden rack to dry, kept them folded in an armoire. they still look great. I bought them in 2004 when my niece got married.I wore the navy to the wedding. They cost $38.50 each. I miss those days.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do You Remember Victor Costa?

Gosh blast from the past! 

Honored Contributor

I had a VC beaded bolero jacket. It was beautiful. I remember wearing it for the holidays and other dressy occasions. I also had an embellished sweater that I wore fairly often. I don’t have either of these items anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I have 2 very dressy things from him, a sheer shirt jacket, and a red cardigan with embellishments, I wore them to dress up a black maxi dress. 

Honored Contributor

I remember the name but I was still in the classroom and could only see all of the shows occasionally.  

What you ladies describe sounds beautiful.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have at least one embroidered jean jacket from him, way in the back of the closet.  This will jar my memory to bring it out this year.  Is he still around or retired?  It seems like he went somewhere else for awhile, maybe I'm thinking of Daniel Kiviat.  I sure have a lot of old clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I still have- and wear- a VC black knit twin set. The cardi is black lace all over the front with black sequins scattered tastefully acoss the lace. Super high end knit. Love.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

I have at least one embroidered jean jacket from him, way in the back of the closet.  This will jar my memory to bring it out this year.  Is he still around or retired?  It seems like he went somewhere else for awhile, maybe I'm thinking of Daniel Kiviat.  I sure have a lot of old clothes.

@depglass Is this the jacket?  I googled and this one turned up on Etsy.  Beautiful!

image 0

Esteemed Contributor

I just did a quick calculation.  I retired in 2015.   If I wore 1 of the dresses 2x a month = 24 times a year x 11 yrs. I worked = 264 wearings. I divided $38.50 by 264 I got 14 and 1/2 cents per wearing. As I said I figured in a hurry, but regardless, I more than got my money's worth from them.

Jessica Holbrook was another great brand that wore like iron.

Respected Contributor

I have the most adorable silk dog jacket from him. It is black and it has renderings of dogs on it. He said those were his "dogs friends" when they come over and play.