Honored Contributor

Re: Did Jane Traecy say what size she wears

Jane T says she wears a size 8 in bottoms and small in tops.

Super Contributor

The most accurate way of determining sizing is to go by the size guide for the particular garment.
Very few hosts, including JT, are honest about their size or wear stuff too tight so they can say they are in a smaller size than they actually are.
Respected Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

@lavendar wrote:

Does Jane Traecy ever say what size she is. I'm built like her; it would be a help.

Actually I wish more of the hosts would say their size.

Sometimes Jane says she is in the small. Lately, I have heard her say Medium. I think it can depend on the item and how fitted it is. 

Jacque, the model, wears a medium and she looks smaller than Jane.  Watch them together.   

Are there two models with that name?  The one with straight blonde hair always says she's in a large.

Esteemed Contributor

@Justshop wrote:
The most accurate way of determining sizing is to go by the size guide for the particular garment.
Very few hosts, including JT, are honest about their size or wear stuff too tight so they can say they are in a smaller size than they actually are.

@Justshop  Interesting answer to me.  I don't find the size guide to be useful.  I use garment measurements and materials to figure out fit, and seeing the clothes on people helps me tremendously, because we see the same people all the time, so we can compare how things we have bought fit on them and us.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Sure she does and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Honored Contributor

Jane has been squeezing into a small for a long time, but seems recently she is saying she is wearing a medium. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Jane has been squeezing into a small for a long time, but seems recently she is saying she is wearing a medium. 

I have heard her say both.  I fluctuate in size all the time, and maybe she does too.

Respected Contributor

I have problems with IM also. I wanted the eyelet dress for my eightith birthday. For the first time I ordered two different sizes: a S and a PM.

The PM fit. 

I've gained about eight lbs. which for me is a size in some things. I've stayed away from P because I'm long waisted and true P sizes, as in Land's End have shorter waisted. I go by the garment measurements but they sometimes don't help.

I remember JRT thirty years ago when she always announced she was a S. Look many, she's put weight on but she's still a S?

I love dresses and finally they're back. And in cotton! I bought four and I'm done shopping for the summer. If you look at IM labels a S is a M in the U.K.

Respected Contributor

@docsgirl.. lol
Trusted Contributor

@docsgirl wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Sure she does and I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Jane looks like she wears the same size Carolyn Gracie wears and that is NOT a size 8.