Valued Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman has sold 85,000 jeans today!

I'm not sure of the content. Someone mentioned that the TS twill ones have different content than her superstretch ones.

I think the TS jeans are 72% cotton, 26% poly and 2% spandex---no ramie.

KK

Honored Contributor

lolol... That explains it!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 gazelle77 said: Yes, she is the designer of the People Of WalMart.
Nasty comment from a nasty person

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Chi-town girl said:

I've learned there are several posters who should just be ignored, as hard as it is not to respond. The concept of a disruptive small child purposely doing things for attention. If you respond, it's their reward -- so refrain and just don't.

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 sparklestar said:
On 7/19/2014 Chi-town girl said:

I've learned there are several posters who should just be ignored, as hard as it is not to respond. The concept of a disruptive small child purposely doing things for attention. If you respond, it's their reward -- so refrain and just don't.

I agree, but she poisons threads with her obnoxious comments. And, we shouldn't tolerate her garbage that adds no value, no purpose. Perhaps that's just a reflection of her life, no value, no purpose.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of her jeans bought in years past -- I will not buy them now. Over the last two years I've sent back so many due to quality and sizing issues, I no longer even watch her shows. I flip over just to see what she's offering and then pretty much ignore it. The problem with them touting how many have been sold is that I'm sure they don't deduct how many have been returned.

If the reviews I've read over the years is any indication, the returns probably number in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands. I once started reading the reviews on one boot cut jean that I had to send back, and had to go through 62 pages of 1-star reviews before I even got to the 2-stars.

Her jeans do stretch a lot, and I have to wear a belt with them to keep from having to constantly pull them up. I've even had some that I could slide off without unbuttoning or unzipping. They can be tight and a perfect fit when I put them on, but after an hour or two, they're stretched and baggy. I don't know about the newest fabrics, but some of mine don't even look like real denim--they have this odd mottled texture to them that I can't even iron out.

She said on air during the last year that she is 5'6" and weighs 157 pounds. I'm 5'5" and weigh 148 pounds with very slim hips and thighs. I do carry my weight in the middle but I do not have the middle that she has, and you can see it very plainly...and the smallest jean I can even get in is a size 10. There is no way she wears a 2 with a 33-1/2" waist as she said today. Sorry to be so negative, but it's based on my personal experience. I know there are thousands of very satisfied customers out there, and I used to be one of them - not any more.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 kittymomNC said:

I have a lot of her jeans bought in years past -- I will not buy them now. Over the last two years I've sent back so many due to quality and sizing issues, I no longer even watch her shows. I flip over just to see what she's offering and then pretty much ignore it. The problem with them touting how many have been sold is that I'm sure they don't deduct how many have been returned.

If the reviews I've read over the years is any indication, the returns probably number in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands. I once started reading the reviews on one boot cut jean that I had to send back, and had to go through 62 pages of 1-star reviews before I even got to the 2-stars.

Her jeans do stretch a lot, and I have to wear a belt with them to keep from having to constantly pull them up. I've even had some that I could slide off without unbuttoning or unzipping. They can be tight and a perfect fit when I put them on, but after an hour or two, they're stretched and baggy. I don't know about the newest fabrics, but some of mine don't even look like real denim--they have this odd mottled texture to them that I can't even iron out.

She said on air during the last year that she is 5'6" and weighs 157 pounds. I'm 5'5" and weigh 148 pounds with very slim hips and thighs. I do carry my weight in the middle but I do not have the middle that she has, and you can see it very plainly...and the smallest jean I can even get in is a size 10. There is no way she wears a 2 with a 33-1/2" waist as she said today. Sorry to be so negative, but it's based on my personal experience. I know there are thousands of very satisfied customers out there, and I used to be one of them - not any more.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I've only recently purchased DG2. As with several clothing lines that I've purchased from Q and H, sizing is the biggest challenge. For me, I had to downsize for this line, IsaacM, and Linea, and I had to deal with buying multi sizes/returns when concerned about sellouts or to figure out what size works best for me for each line. And, in each of these 3 cases, my size is different from one line to another.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/19/2014 kittymomNC said:

I am 5'6" & weigh 140, no hips, waist of 32. I wear a size 4 in DG2 jeans & and size 9 junior in B&M stores. Her jeans fit me like a glove when I get them, but I have had quality issues too so won't purchase anymore. I have gone back to my favorites which are the Chelsea LEI brand. Dianes's jeans do wash well, but I have had the waistband & cuffs frey badly, and two pair split across the seat.

Honored Contributor

They made such a big deal about sizing how the stretch that I wondered why the just didn't advise shoppers to go down a size. Like NYDJ does. I went down a size.

Honored Contributor

I bought two of the twill jeans - black and taupe.

This doesn't mean I won't be returning them if the fit and fabric are like her other products.

I only gave these a try because I loved the Iman TSV from the beginning of the summer.