Honored Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman has sold 85,000 jeans today!

I bought 2 of her ribbed shaping tank tops on clearance for about $5 each a while back. That is my only DG purchase so far. they seem to be well made but I have not worn them yet. They sure fit tight but I wanted them to wear under things like loose weave sweaters that you can see through. I can't imagine anyone wearing them w/o something over them any more than another shaper unless they sized up.

Respected Contributor

She seems to be following Renee Greenstein's shtick with the bending and stretching and she called them dream jeans. I guess you could add in some Susan Graver type selling points too. The jeans do look great though. I may have to try some of her fashions, since I am bored with QVC's.
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/19/2014 willdob3 said:

I bought 2 of her ribbed shaping tank tops on clearance for about $5 each a while back. That is my only DG purchase so far. they seem to be well made but I have not worn them yet. They sure fit tight but I wanted them to wear under things like loose weave sweaters that you can see through. I can't imagine anyone wearing them w/o something over them any more than another shaper unless they sized up.

I've heard good things about her shaping tanks, you got a good deal. They will look great under jean jackets, etc. Wish I'd gotten some!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 cosmic1 said: She seems to be following Renee Greenstein's shtick with the bending and stretching and she called them dream jeans. I guess you could add in some Susan Graver type selling points too. The jeans do look great though. I may have to try some of her fashions, since I am bored with QVC's.

That stretching reminded me of the last Tony Little shoe TS presentations. The models were stretching and bending their feet all over the place. I understand the point of doing it but it is really annoying after the first time.

Super Contributor

85,000 jeans..Holy Cow..Redonkulous!

Honored Contributor

lol.... I am pretty sure no one will say this was a flop if they do not sell out!

Honored Contributor

If Diane can wear the smallest size offered, how in the heck would someone super thin wear these? She'd need to make 000's for those that are a true size 0. I'm not even that tiny, and I can't wear her jeans. She said she was wearing the smallest size? I don't get that.

That is not a selling point for those smaller than a size 6.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 7/19/2014 Daysdee said:

I enjoy her, but have never bought any of her items.

I have been buying her clothes for at least 10 years now! Love her tops, jackets and jeans. I have gone through many sizes..wish I'd kept them because now I'm back in the smaller sizes, who knew??{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I used to really like her jeans. BUT...after I wore them 2 times, they stretched out 2 sizes too big. I don't think her sizing is consistent either. Her 2's in some styles are like a 6/8.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 winamac1 said:

If Diane can wear the smallest size offered, how in the heck would someone super thin wear these? She'd need to make 000's for those that are a true size 0. I'm not even that tiny, and I can't wear her jeans. She said she was wearing the smallest size? I don't get that.

That is not a selling point for those smaller than a size 6.

Good question.

Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 winamac1 said:
On 7/19/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 7/19/2014 Daysdee said:

I enjoy her, but have never bought any of her items.

I have been buying her clothes for at least 10 years now! Love her tops, jackets and jeans. I have gone through many sizes..wish I'd kept them because now I'm back in the smaller sizes, who knew??{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I used to really like her jeans. BUT...after I wore them 2 times, they stretched out 2 sizes too big. I don't think her sizing is consistent either. Her 2's in some styles are like a 6/8.

The new fabrics she uses are supposed to hold their shape - not get stretched out. That is why I am interested in trying them now after avoiding them for years. If you liked them in other ways you might want to try the styles with the new fabrics.